• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Day at the zoo..

Marcel Poots

Young, handsom member
Me and Sami, my 14 months old son.
Artis2010-01.jpg

I had to wait quite a while to get this shot
Artis2010-02.jpg

The genneth ( I believe that's what they are called in English). Do you know, they only come a shore once a year to breed and lay eggs?
Artis2010-04.jpg

Bright colored make-up
Artis2010-05.jpg

Picture is not enhanced..
Artis2010-06.jpg

Female gorilla
Artis2010-08.jpg

These guys are always fun to photograph..
Artis2010-09.jpg

These are a lot bigger than you expect.
Artis2010-11.jpg

Marcel, those are some absolutely stunning pictures--especially the lion!! I got a pic of a lion once cleaning himself like a regular house/barn cat would (leg up in the air) -- I was proud of myself for that one ;)
snakewispera snr - I cracked up laughing at the mandrill butt comment !!

Gorgeous pictures! What length telephoto were you shooting those with? The lion picture is awesome!

Gorgeous pictures! What length telephoto were you shooting those with? The lion picture is awesome!

Thanks. I took them with a 300mm F4 Canon L lens.

I had to wait a while to take the yawn shot. He was just watching his girls.
Artis2010-03.jpg

Wonderful Pictures Marcel. Loved the lion. Your son is simply adorable!!
Thanks so much for sharing them with us.

Great set of pics! Even the "not enhanced" one is nice, in it's own special way.
The lion yawn is fantastic but that gorilla is beautiful, easily my favorite.

Back