• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Daytona Trip Problems, help needed AGAIN/STILL.

LindsayMarie

Been here awhile
So I thought I had most the "bugs" out of my Daytona trip to try and get rid of most of my collection to lessen my load. Anyways, Kathy & Bill offered to share their room (thank you to you two and the other two staying w/ you)! I also thought I had a table to put maybe 20 09's 40+ 08's and a few adults. Now I find out today that this person does not have room on their table, gave me a couple names of people who were looking in the spring, one of which I called and she had to give her table up. So now it is almost time and its pretty much settled that I would HAVE to drive over 2 days by MYSELF as a trip this last minute and a way to ship the animals would be outrageous. Anyways, even thats not been easy or taken care of as I havent received a clear answer until today about the corns/table (w/ good reason) and I needed an actual credit card vs debit credit. So now I am stuck yet again!!!! I really want to go although many said I probably wont be able to sell my animals for crap because of the market I am competing against. Yet on the flip side, I am putting more and more money into ones I dont plan on keeping and this is once in a lifetime thing. I even get to bunk with Kathy and Bill Love! I want to be able to buy dinner tickets and meet everyone and have a chance at winning a pair of Carols hets that I have been e-mailing about for yrs....lol I am frustrated, because it seems like one road block after another.

Can you help me? With anything!? Do you have some extra room at your table, like I said, I dont have much and if you are a part of the corn community I am sure I can trust you. It was mentioned to me, to try and contact the guy in charge and see if he has a table left, then advertise that I need to split 2-3 ways. I just dont think there is time for that on this end!? Or any end! Besides that I cant afford 300+ dollars. I will be lucky to get that for my "lower" end corns compare to whats going to be there this year. Pretty soon I am going to miss out on the dinner and raffle too! I have to scale down to only 2-3 projects and I am lucky my parents are allowing that since I had to come back home (for a bit) after getting kicked out of my own. Katie I am going to pm you my number, can you please call me, you might be able to help should another situation come up. Thanks, LindsayMarie

I live north of Albany NY. Anyone down the east coast need help w/ a ride over the age of 18? Share cost of a hopeful rental car. Just as I would negotiate an agreement w/ someone with a table ;)

At best, a rental car is probably going to run around $45 a day plus taxes. If you book it for a week, you may get a slightly better rate, but with all the taxes you are still easily looking at a couple hundred bucks probably.

I don't know what to tell you about a table. Joe and I do not have one ourselves this year either.

Hi, I'd like to go down, live in upstate SC right on the northwest NC/SC border. If you are interested in sharing expenses, I would love to share a ride down. I don't mind driving my van if you only want to drive part-way, leave or turn your rental in, and get another rental when we get back. Maybe it would save you some money? :shrugs:

One way car rentals are usually very expensive. But I took Amtrak from Savannah, Ga, to Sebring, Fl (abut 8 - 9 hours drive), and I was surprised how cheap it was, and how comfortable. I have also used Greyhound Bus, but not for quite a few years. And they don't check your luggage like the airlines, so a few snakes should be ok, if they are small enough to carry in a small carry - on suitcase. SC is about half way, so it wouldn't be a bad trip.

It looks like I will not be able to go! I will call a couple more places tomorrow, but I am running into more and more problems. I am starting to take it as a sign. However I dont want to miss the show and I really have to get rid of most my collection, if not all. Looking into the ad section makes me want to cry. The corn market is spiraling down fast. Going to be worse in a week or so. :eek: Pretty soon I am not going to have a choice but to bring high end, project corns and everything in between to a darn pet store. Sorry I have not answered individual pms YET. Right now my goal was to try and get to the show and put them on a small part of a members table (negotiate a deal of course), but it turns out this individual has no more room. Does anyone else have room on their table, I can give you an exact count??? I am about to call it quits and just sell them as I can through here. Miss a show that was planned for a LONG time, I wanted to meet everyone mostly and see the "new" cutting edge stuff. I may have to lesson my load right now but that doesnt take my interest and love of corns away. Thanks for letting me ramble. PM or email if you can help. Thanks Lindsay

Actually, you are likely to get higher prices by selling on the Internet, here or on KS, or similar places, compared to shows. The shows offer immediate cash without the hassle of shipping. But they also offer competition from sometimes desperate sellers who will sell at almost any price in order to not take them home. And this year, I have been getting many more emails from people selling out most or all of their adults, compared to any other year. So I would not have high hopes of getting good prices at Daytona this year, although ANYTHING will sell - if the price is low enough!

Back