• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Decisions, Decisions

Who's the lucky guy?

• Opal. Who wouldn't want opal stripes?

Votes: 7 33.3%
  • Amber. Quad hets don't scare me!!

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Caramel Motley. Get something interesting THIS year!

Votes: 8 38.1%

• Total voters

Elaphe_Mo

Well it is that time of year again. Full of excitement and promise, but also full of tough decisions about which snake breeds with who. I've got most of my lineup straight, but have one decision I've been pondering for the past 6 months, and it is still driving me nuts. So now you get to help me decide.

My amel stripe is ready to go this year. I have a sneaking suspicion she may be het for caramel, but I could be really wrong about that. My initial pick for her was an opal. Amels double het for opal stripe would be niiiiiiiice.

What I am leaning toward now is an amber. Quad hets will be a headache, but I do love getting a 'variety pack' when eggs hatch! Mmmmm butter & amber stripes in 2006-7 (maybe). And if she really is het caramel, well that makes things a bit easier.

Finally I could use a caramel motley, het butter. That would give me more interesting things in the first generation (normal & amel motley-stripes), but I am worried about being able to seperate the stripes back out again in later generations.

That's my saga. Any input would be appreciated. She just shed so I'll have to decide in the next couple days.

Thanks!

If they were mine, I would first breed to the car mot. This would tell if your female is het caramel or not. Plus, I like the motley stripes better than either pattern by itself. I'm hoping to produce some caramel &/or butter motley stripes this year myself. And there is always next year or a second clutch to try one of the other males.

Back