• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Did He Poop?

1997snake

I dont know if my snake pooped yet so i dont if i should feed him today because im supposed to feed him every 4 days and its been 4 days......

If you cant see the poop, there is a very good chance they he pooped under the substrate. Especially if its a baby its very likely you wont see the poo if it goes under the substrate.

Fortunately my little girl likes to make poo-art on the side of the glass in the same spot every week!

im supposed to feed him every 4 days and its been 4 days......
That's just a guideline, not a rule set in stone. 5-7 day feeding intervals are also fine and to be honest, once every 10 days if they miss a feed due to a shed etc, isn't going to cause harm. Don't get hung up on what you're "supposed" to do - as you go along, you'll find out what works best for you and your snake. There's a lot of scope for personalising feeding routines with a Corn.

You can offer food before they poop if you want to. Or you can delay feeding by a day or two if you're concerned. But as Greenman has said, with a hatchling it's possible that you've just mised the poop.

4 days? is it a hatchling? I know of no reason to need to wait for them to dedicate until you feed them again but generally they will digest a mouse in 48 hours unless you have it under 70 degrees.

Generally rule for me is if they look hungry I feed, but none of mine are obese so you do have to watch that too.

I have 5 snakes right now. My 2010 hatchlings are fed every 5 days, the smaller 09 every 6 days, and the larger 09 and my 08 are fed every 7 days. This is what works for them and I watch them for needing feeding spacing or size changes. Take it easy and you will soon figure out what feeding schedule works for you and yours :)

Back