• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Differences

Demonic

Is there a way you can determine the difference between an Amel and a Creamsicle? I'm not sure with my little girl.

It may be difficult depending upon how much emoryi influence there is. If you can post some good photos, the more experienced members here can make some educated guesses. And if your snake was labeled a creamsickle, then you should accept that as correct. Better to call something a hybrid and it not be than the other way around.

I dont trust petstore labels ;)

15odu1v.jpg

The color says amel, the pic is very hard to figure though.
Amels are cheap and common enough that you don't really have much to worry about it being a creamsicle but...
a better pic would be more helpful

Sometimes it can be fairly difficult to determine, by looks alone, if an Amel cornsnake is actually a Creamsicle or vice versa.
Some Amel cornsnakes can have the appearance of a Creamsicle and, yet, it is "pure" corn (not a Creamsicle).
OTFS Some Creamsicles can have the appearance of a "pure" cornsnake.
Regardless of whether someone trusts pet store labels or not, ... Susan is correct in that, if it was labeled as a Creamsicle, one should accept it as being a Creamsicle (otherwise, the snake should not be purchased if a Creamsicle is not desired ... after all, there is no shortage of Amel cornsnakes to be had ;) ).

I know what you mean about the Amels. There are so many of them! I really don't care what she is. She's friendly and beautiful and that's good enough for me :)

Your baby APPEARS to be an amel corn. But its difficult to know for sure...some people say that there's no such thing as a pure corn anymore...But I would call that an amel.

As you did not mention that the snake was labeled as a creamsicle, I wouldn't fuss over it being one.
And if it is a creamsicle, I doubt this is a first generation of crossing, and as such the rat blood probably thinned down quite a bit.
If it will produce babies that look like him... I don't see the logic in calling it a creamsicle.

I also don't think creamsicles are that common, at least nowdays, corn snakes are very common and easy to breed- don't see a reason for people to unknowingly or knowingly produce hybrids and sell them as corns.

Shes was labeled as creamsicle. But I know they arent common and that lead me to not trust what she was labeled as.

II really don't care what she is. She's friendly and beautiful and that's good enough for me :)

Unless you were interested in breeding her, in the future, that is all that should matter ... that you are happy with the purty little gal.:)

And if it is a creamsicle, I doubt this is a first generation of crossing, and as such the rat blood probably thinned down quite a bit.
If it will produce babies that look like him... I don't see the logic in calling it a creamsicle.

I also don't think creamsicles are that common, at least nowdays, corn snakes are very common and easy to breed- don't see a reason for people to unknowingly or knowingly produce hybrids and sell them as corns.

Creamsicles are not overly uncommon.
Perhaps much more uncommon, than Amel Cornsnakes, but they are not extremely uncommon.

I am sure there are quite a few cornsnakes, with questionable backgrounds, but ... I would find it very inappropriate to ~knowingly~ breed an intergrade/hybrid (or a labeled intergrade/hybrid), with a Corn, and sell the resulting offspring, as "pure" cornsnakes, without disclosing their intergrade/hybrid heritage ... &/or their suspected, or possible, intergrade/hybrid heritage.

BTW Although it may not make much sense, to do so, (considering your stated reason)... I feel fairly confident in saying that some folks do, knowingly (or with some suspicion of heritage), sell intergrades (50% corn, 75% corn, etc., etc.) as "pure" cornsnakes (That is, some do ~or~ have done so).
I am sure that some folks have unknowingly done so as well (cannot, of course, fault these unknowing folks, for what they believed to be true, if there were no contradicting evidence).

Shes was labeled as creamsicle. But I know they arent common and that lead me to not trust what she was labeled as.
I don't know about the US market, but in the UK Creamsicles ARE very common... so if she was labelled as a creamsicle, I would call her one and assume she IS one.

But that's because (just like a previous poster) I would rather call a "pure" animal a hybrid name than EVER have a hybrid animal labelled as pure.

If she WAS labeled as a creamsicle, than that's what it is. As I have said it is possible that she is not a first generation hybrid, her predecessors were bred back to amels she could very much look like an amel- but as long as she was sold as a hybrid, you should accept that that's what she is.
And as people said, it has zero effect on the snake itself. Simply if and when you breed her, you should label the offspring appropriately.

Back