• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Different Shed Than Usual

Bloodred Dad!

Proud Parent
Every day people on this forum amaze me with their knowledge. And since I had a question, I wanted to get some imput regarding my Bloodreds last shed:

He has always shed in one whole peice in the very early morning hrs (4am) and this month he shed in two peices. It wasn't an incomplete shed, it was just odd to me. I found the head and 3 or 4in of neck's skin under one hide and then the rest of the body wrapped around a vine on the opposite end of the tank. Is that weird? My humidity is really good in my opinion, and he really does seem to thrive in his tank. However, I'm curious as to why he did this. I use coconut husk (the block kind you mix with water) and change it for him the day his eyes go clear. He also eats when his eyes go clear too, but that's just random information.

Just wondering why he did that, if there's any explanation at all...

It's no big deal and not a very uncommon occurrence.
Sometimes, the skin just breaks during the shed process.
As long as everything was shed ... all is well.:)

Back