• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Diffused Silver Queen?

I just want to find a Silver Queen with a diffused pattern, no other differences. Do these critters exist?? :shrugs:

Would this be the same thing as a Bloodred Silver Queen? I've only seen pictures of babies, so I don't know what they look like when they've matured, or if they have any other differences .. I'm assuming they'd have the diffused pattern though ..

Help? :D

Kind of like this...??? No blood in this one as far as I know...

silverqueen_ghost10-10-07.jpg

Yes acutally. That little guy is beautiful. I'm assuming the diffusion will be more pronounced as they get older?
So are all the Silver Queens just naturally like that then? Or just yours :p I know there are diffused ghosts, but I love the lighter colouring of the SQs..

I haven't seen a diffused Silver Queen yet. I think that takes more work since Silver Queen is line bred.
TandJ's Silver Queen isn't diffused but does have the grey head. Just very pretty :)

I think if you want diffused/blood Silver Queens you will have to roll your own. ;)

Edit: That would be an excellent project, BTW.

Also, while we're kind of, sort of, slightly on the topic .. I've been having trouble finding detailed info. on this morph, so I thought I'd ask you guys :D
I like the look of the adult in the first picture:
http://iansvivarium.com/morphguide/silverqueen/
The light colouring, the purple/pink blushing, no yellow at all .. I've seen pictures of other SQs that look very different .. yellow, no blushing, really peachy saddles, etc.
So, I don't know if this is a "find a good breeder" type thing, or if the differences just come down to gender, or whatttt ..

Anyone know? :)

Find a quality breeder... Being that your on the Canadian Side of things, I don't know if there is anyone working with awesome SQ's. I know once they are out crossed they seem to lose their flair... I find it sad that standards have been lowering over the last few seasons to what we should expect for qaulity as opposed to quantity...

Regards... Tim of T and J

Sigh. Maybe I'll never get to own my awesome Silver Queen. I'll keep hoping though, and thanks for the info.
One more question, is there any physical difference between the males and the females?

One more question, is there any physical difference between the males and the females?

Ones a catcher and ones a pitcher... :crazy02: Most likely the typical diference we would normally see between the male and female ghosts...

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Actually I started my project to produce Ghost Blood Reds using Silver Queens as the base stock. So quite likely anyone who bought that line from me will be producing animals from that blood line. I felt using a Silver Queen with nearly patternless abdomen with my most patternless looking Hypo Blood Red would produce some outstanding results.

I guess Rich migfht know where those ended up... They should be very clean animals..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Thanks you both very much.
Rich - if it's possible, are you able to give me names of any breeders who bought that line from you? If it's not too much trouble.
Thanks again

I'm actually going to produce diffused silver queens in the next couple of years. I have silver queens that carry the diffused gene as well as hypo so we'll see what happens with this project!! I'm very excited about this one!

I haven't seen a diffused Silver Queen yet. I think that takes more work since Silver Queen is line bred.
TandJ's Silver Queen isn't diffused but does have the grey head. Just very pretty :)

If you come to Hamm next WE , step by my table , I will have them there .

I'm actually going to produce diffused silver queens in the next couple of years. I have silver queens that carry the diffused gene as well as hypo so we'll see what happens with this project!! I'm very excited about this one!

The part I put in bold is a little confusing. Silver queens are already homozygous hypo so saying yours carry the diffuse and hypo genes, implying they are het for those genes, makes no sense. Or it's still too early in the morning for me and I need more coffee.

Back