• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Digestion question

ken347

Corn Addict In Training
Alright I know not all snakes are the same but the majority have there snakes poop after two days. My snake ate Tuesday before I brought him home he's in a 55 gallon tank I've seen no regurge there is no smell and he's very calm is it normal for him to take extra time to digest also since he's in a 55 gallon tank with 3 inches of substrate(alot to sort through) is there any specific spots that snakes usually go? The second question I'm not looking for facts just personal experience. Where do your snakes usually "go"

Some snakes take longer to poop than others. One of mine generally goes 3 days after, the other sometimes waits 10 days. It varies. Usually handling will make them poop because it gets them moving. Another way to make him go is to put him in a room temerature bath and let him swim around for a while. The water relaxes them and makes them poop. Sometimes they poop under the substrate or in places you can't see it very well, so you might want to sift through the substrate and make sure he didn't go somewhere.
Snakes will poop whenever they need to no matter where they are. So as far as where, the answer is anywhere.

I don't plan on making him go I was just wondering cause I was worried about him being blocked up plus I plan on feeding him Tuesday I didn't really wanna end up over filling him if that makes sense

Sometimes snakes poop right in the middle of eating- like they're making room!

How old is he? Mine go anywhere from two days to seven days after feeding, unless they are blue, then they hold it till they shed. Mostly they have a favorite corner they go in. A very few of my corns go in their water bowls, but the ones that do, usually do.

I'm guessing around 2 to three he's about 4 foot and hasn't really got all that thick yet. I got him on tuesday

Mine goes 2 days after he eats, then almost every day until his next meal. He's a pooping machine and I've seen him go just about every where, from his viv walls, to his climbs to right on me... he's an equal opportunity pooper.

So if he's an adult, he should be eating an adult mouse every 10-14 days. I would expect him to pass the previous meal at about 5-7 days.

Well the pet store was feeding him twice a week every Tuesday and thursday but I figured I'd switch him to 7 days then 10 this way its a gradual change

I'm not sure when my poops after eating, 3-4 days but it sure craps when it sheds for some odd reason!!

And of course larger, hairier items take longer to digest. Something like a pinky goes quick but expect around 5 days on adults usually. You're not gonna get him too stuffed up with food, don't worry about it, it all works itself out naturally.

Back