• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Digital thermometer

missblackstar

Hi there,

I am currently setting up my Viv for my first corn.. I have a 4foot long hobbyist tank, which is wooden with sliding glass doors. I am confusing myself at the moment, because i know i have to put the uth inside the tank.. and from that i have a couple of questions that i hope someone can help me with:

1. Is it safe to stick the uth down with duct tape? or is there a better alternative?

2. Will this damage the wood? If i were to remove it, will it leave a sticky residue on the wood?

3. I have a thermostat.. should i put the sensor directly onto the uth? Should i stick it onto the mat, or is it OK to leave it unsupported?

4. I have this digital thermometer..

eBayISAPI.dll

Where shall i put this? Directly on the uth? On the wood? I do have a stick on thermometer, but from the information i have found on this forum, i understand it isn't accurate and measures the wrong temperatures.

I couldn't find any direct answers to my questions using the search function so i apologise if these questions have been answered before.. i am just so excited about my snake home!!!! :)

Thanks for your help!!

Jen.

I would get a piece of tile or glass and stick the UTH to that so that you could put it in the viv without fear that your snake would be directly on it. Out of curiosity how is the cord for this getting out? You want to be very careful with that and sliding doors that your corn doesn't have an escape route.

~Katie

The back wall of the viv has 8 small circular vents. For the heat mat i have cut a small corner off one of the vents and put the cable through that, and i have done the same for the sensor cable but in the vent next to it. I can't even pull off the vents i had to get the other half to do it, so i doubt (hopefully) the snake wont be able to pull them off either!!

Jen.

Back