• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dilute Ghost Motley? or just a pale Ghost Motley?

Leiopython

Hi Guys,

I need your help on this one, I bought this male 2 years and a half ago that was already one year old and was sold to me as Ghost Motley. I have always find him very pale in contrast with the other Ghost Motley I have seen live and in pictures. But today I had a shock when looking at the website of a breeder (vmsherp.com) they have some Dilute Ghost Motley and this looks a lot more like my corn, so here are the pictures, let me know what you think.

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1766.jpg

IMG_1765.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

IMG_1764.jpg

Thanking you in advance for your help!!

Mathieu

He's an absolutely stunning ghost motley, but I can't tell if he's also a dilute or not. He doesn't have the bluish-gray cast that I expect to see in the dilute anery morphs, but that doesn't necessarily mean anything. You'll need to test breed him to know for sure.

Last edited:
I know my Dilute Caramel sheds a nice clear shed like an amel. A Ghost should have a patterned shed so if he doesn't he maybe a dilute.. I found some nice pictures and description of dilutes somewhere on this forum, i'll try and find it for you! Maybe it'll help

Thank you very much too both of you for your answers and comments, I will read your link with interest. As for is shed, in my memory they are completely white without any pattern, I will look carefully next time.

Mathieu

A word of warning about looking at shed skins, on light ghosts and hypos, the pigment can be very difficult to see, especially on younger snakes/hatchlings.

A word of warning about looking at shed skins, on light ghosts and hypos, the pigment can be very difficult to see, especially on younger snakes/hatchlings.

I agree Susan,....I would not take a lot of stock in knowing with any certainty from a shed at all. All that can be said with certainty is that animal is incredibly light and outstanding. Without knowing the parent's full genotype, only test breeding will tell.

~Doug

Back