• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dilute Pair

rusticreptiles

1.0 2011 Dilute Anery Motley 66% het Amel
0.1 2011 Anery Motley 100% het Dilute 66% het Amel

$220 Shipped to the lower 48!

email [email protected] or PM me if you are interested.

Thanks for looking!

Attachments

• LycanWEB.JPG
    LycanWEB.JPG
    271.3 KB · Views: 348
  • Hydra web.jpg (5).JPG
    Hydra web.jpg (5).JPG
    189.6 KB · Views: 199
Last edited:
Wish I had seen this earlier. Just accepted PayPal from the guy. I just notified him and offered a refund. Are there any other states that have such an idiotic rule?? To ban a species is one thing to ban a color? Really? Thanks for the info though, appreciate it! :)

not have red eyes

i understand to bad they look nice, i have to stick with red eye snake for now on thank you

Wish I had seen this earlier. Just accepted PayPal from the guy. I just notified him and offered a refund. Are there any other states that have such an idiotic rule?? To ban a species is one thing to ban a color? Really? Thanks for the info though, appreciate it! :)

The specific ban in New Jersey isn't that idiotic. Corn snakes are native to the state, but endangered. Red-eyed morphs are a decent guarantee that the snake has not been taken from the wild and therefore has not further endangered the species in the state. They have gotten more lax and have allowed more morphs than years ago, such as lavender.

And in case you don't know, ALL corn snakes are not permitted to be kept in Georgia unless by a very special permit.

nofear, since you do like the look of the dilute anery and anery, you might want to look for lavenders as they are also a grayish color snake and quite pretty, especially lavender motleys.

Foolish smartphone. Anyways. I was saying thank you and I will not sell to Georgia. :)
I do understand their thought on the red eyes, but I thought amels were found in the wild on occasion?

I really doubt than an amel would last long in the wild. They would be spotted too easily by predators and eaten. Don't ask me how the original Palmetto survived. Maybe the spots helped it blend into the background, but I would have thought the white would stick out like a sore thumb to a hungry hawk or owl that do see in color.

I really doubt than an amel would last long in the wild. They would be spotted too easily by predators and eaten. Don't ask me how the original Palmetto survived. Maybe the spots helped it blend into the background, but I would have thought the white would stick out like a sore thumb to a hungry hawk or owl that do see in color.

This is something I've pondered as well. Perhaps throughout the eons, predators expect their prey to look a certain way.

But when a potential meal looks significantly different from their usual meal, caution is used. It would appear enough time passes for the potential meal to get away. Some opportunities are better missed then invite disaster.

Looking different has an advantage in such an instance.
Otherwise there would likely be no reason for the amel gene to still be around.

Nope

I dont see it,odds are VERY slim to survive.
Predators dont care what color there meal is,I know this because I used to work in a area where there were alot of rattlesnakes the owner of the property didnt want to kill them, but didnt want anyone to get bit.So he spray painted them Fluorescent Orange so people could see them easily,the problem was the hawks and other animals seen them easily also and they became easy prey.:awcrap:

This is something I've pondered as well. Perhaps throughout the eons, predators expect their prey to look a certain way.

But when a potential meal looks significantly different from their usual meal, caution is used. It would appear enough time passes for the potential meal to get away. Some opportunities are better missed then invite disaster.

Looking different has an advantage in such an instance.
Otherwise there would likely be no reason for the amel gene to still be around.

The genes would still be passed from generation to generation in het form. But I can see some cases where the different look might be a deterrent. But then, naturally occurring brightly colored snakes are eaten all the time as well, unless the bright colors come with a pattern similar to something known to be distasteful or dangerous, as in scarlet kings and coral snakes. And even then, venomous snakes still fall prey to predators that have learned to treat and dispatch them in a safer way.

I would dare say, considering just how rare it is to find a wild corn snake in New Jersey, the odds of finding an amel or any other red-eyed version would be about the same as me winning the Illinois Lottery, which is why they are permitted.

Am I really the only one that likes the dilute gene? LOL. Would really like to get these last few remaining corns out soon. If you are in a local that isn't too hot to ship let me know if you are interested and maybe we can work out a deal! :)

Back