• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dimples

rolph1414

Love those snakes!!!!
What should I do if a few of my eggs are showing some dimples in them????????????????????????

I

I took the lid off the hovabator and the humidity is high just by the feel of the air when i lift the lid..I am on day 35-40

Hmm...not sure. I kept mine at around 80-85% humidity, and yesterday I started getting pippies. I never had anything that looked dry. I've heard something about dimpling just before hatching, but it sounds too soon...mine didn't do it, so I wouldn't know. Hopefully someone else can suggest something.

Have you got a humidity gauge in the egg box? Someone advised me to do that and it's been very helpful. You can buy them very cheaply. My humidity is around 80% - in fact I can't really seem to get it any higher even when I spray the vermiculite with lots of tepid water.

If the actual eggs have dimples in I would very lightly mist the actual eggs with tepid water, then cover them straightaway to prevent temperature shock. I am finding it quite hard to keep my eggs constant in terms of humidity and texture of eggs. Some of mine feel quite turgid, others feel drier despite misting the eggs when they feel less turgid and keeping the humidity and temperature fairly constant. It's a hard job isn't it! Still I'm hoping they will be ok. Could you post pics of yours?

Jessica :)

35-40 is a bit early for pre-hatch dimples.

However, dimples aren't always a sign of a bad egg. My first clutch this year had 2 or 3 with pretty sizeable dimples on them and they all hatched out just fine.

Just keep the temps and humidity in the right range and your fingers crossed.

If you reckon conditions are about right as they are theres not much else you can do really. I've never liked misting eggs directly myself .... don't like moisture getting on them directly as that can encourage mould. Other people do though so it look like it's a personal choice thing ....

Good luck with them. :)

Back