• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Discount coupon - You MIGHT want to read this.....

Rich Z

Administrator
Staff member
I've been checking out some of the features on my new site and stumbled upon what looks like a discount coupon offering. Of course being the inquisitive sort, I thought I would test it out on YOU all!

So here's the deal: I am going to offer discount coupons as a grand opening bonus for those people going to my new site. This will be a first come, first serve offering. The coupon will give you 50 percent off of your purchase price of the 2003 animals. But there's a few catches (don't you HATE that!).

• These animals will be sold "right out of the egg".
  • No guarantee of feeding, however live arrival IS guaranteed.
  • Orders MUST be shipped and will not be delivered at shows.
  • Orders must be TOTALLY prepaid at time of the order being placed.
  • There will be NO refund of payment if animals are available and you cancel the order. NO exceptions.
  • You will have 1 week to arrange delivery when you are contacted that your order is ready to ship or you forfeit your animals and your payment. Expect this to be generally sometime late July thru late August. If you have vacation time, I can work with you.
  • This offer will expire when the coupons run out or July 15th, whichever arrives first. (No, I'm not telling you how many coupons there are!)
  • There is not an unlimited number of some cultivars. If what you ordered is not available when your order is ready to ship, the value of those unavailable animals will either be refunded or applied to something else you may want at the same discount level.
  • Sex ratios need to be balanced. I reserve the right to refuse ANY order that is excessively heavy on females of any single cultivar.
  • No midstream changes. I have had some people change their mind 20 times in 10 days about what they wanted before the shipping date came around. Not with this special offer, PLEASE!
  • MINIMUM ORDER of $100 after the discount is applied. This is for the animals only and does NOT include the shipping fee. At least make it worthwhile for me to pack up the box!
  • If I suddenly come to my senses, this offer can be withdrawn at ANY time. I have had a headache all day, so maybe some screws are loose....

Ready?

The coupon number is 9001

SerpenCo

BTW, I haven't tested this function, so if anyone has a problem with it, give me a shout.

Last edited:
Heck, I guess I should have tested it first.... :rolleyes:

I deleted the old discount coupon and rebuilt it. I tested it THIS time and it worked perfectly for me.

Sorry about that.... I'm learning as I go with this new system. If there are any foulups on the order form, I will make good on them.

But give it a whirl now and see if it works for you.

Thanks!

Darn! It does seem to work!

Boy, am I going to have FUN with this new system! Really going to be keeping you all on your toes!

Thanks for being the guinea pig, kenster!

Rich Z said:
Thanks for being the guinea pig, kenster!

Rich,
Anytime you want a guinea pig like that I'll be here! Man it pays to be the night owl around here!! That is one heck of a deal Rich!

Ken

Is the shipping supposed to say N/A? Just curious...

Gosh, I'm going to seriously be poor after today... haha

The shipping charge isn't applied until the very end. Don't worry, it will be there!

Hey, you don't know how much this is going to help me out! I have to order SERIOUS quantities of frozen pinky mice and deli cups REAL SOON!!

Thanks for all of your help, guys!

Is it just me...or did anyone else get this sudden "kid in a candy store" feeling after reading Rich's post about the coupon? I need to calm down and really think about this now! haha

Oh good God..

Being an impulsive shopper who demands instant satisfaction is a curse, believe me.

Rich just quickly parted me with $250. =P

Great job, Rich!

Discover

Rich

have you worked out what is up with being able to use Discover? I am about to check out and still see American Express. If I pick that can I then use my Discover card #, or should I just give up and use Visa?

Thanks

Still trying to figure out which blasted module that little gem is hiding in........

simply

from a business standpoint, i would think it would make sence to also offer discounts on your yearlings to make room for the 03's.

Obviously you know more about this than i do, but i would just imagine that the yearlings that aren't sold b4 the 03 hatchings will just become harder to sell (?)

Of course you could still have your $100 minimum and a different % if so desired. I would think you could "unload" your higher end yearlings pretty fast with such a discount and still make a good profit. But this is coming from a finance major and not a snake expert :)

The new fauna auction is a good idea (50% off) for those like you mentioned who want to buy several snakes.

Good or bad it's just an idea.
-travis

Actually yearlings sell exceptionally well at the shows. I will be able to increase the prices on any of the remaining higher end stuff for the Daytona show in August and will likely not be bringing any of them back home with me.

Many people tend to prefer buying yearlings because they are well established and proven survivors. Newly hatched babies are always riskier so the yearlings are worth the additional money.

I am using the FaunaAuction site to move some of the 2002s out at cheaper prices, but this is mostly to help promote that site and get traffic up on it more so than to just move out animals quickly. Of course I would like to sell out of the 2002s, but I am not going to ream myself in order to do so.

I'm not sure how many of the lessons learned in finance 101 would apply to the buying and selling of an appreciating asset, where there are so many variables at play that will dictate a potential buyer's decision to buy or not. I have had a lot of people buy a snake for such minor reasons as the pattern on the head or the color of the eyes. Some people will buy the bigger animals because they look well started, whereas others will buy the smaller ones because "they are SOOO cute!".

If you REALLY want to learn finances in relation to this business, stand behind a table selling these critters at shows. It will be an eye opener, for sure!

Thanks for the input.

rich

thanks for taking the time to post a reply. I know there are many more elements in the business that i am unaware of that you are :)

I was justing using a simple example in my head of the butter motleys which i will state here:

I could buy a female butter motley for $281.25 plus $50 shipping for a total of $331.25

OR

I could buy 2 female butter mot hatchlings for 125 (50% discount) each + $50 for a total of $300.00. OR a pair for $250.

More risk involved as you say for option 2, but surely for some1 who would want (atleast) one of these guys there only has to be (atleast) a 50% hatchling survival rate to come out financially ahead.

BUT as you said, if you can sell them all for top dollar at shows etc. there really is no point in doing this lol.

AND you are right, we didnt get to snake appreciation in finance 101 lol. :) :D ;)
-travis

The fine print?

Rich,

1) If I were to buy say 3-4 animals and chose the 'don't care' option for the sex...would I at least get 1 female, or do you just grab the animals at random?

2) If I were to buy a surplus adult, would I still need to purchase >$200 of 2k3 animals to get the 50% discount? (You listed a $100 minimum after 50% off.)

Thanks,
Michael B.

In this particular instance, anything marked as "don't care" I won't even bother sexing them.

The 50 percent discount offer is independent of everything else being offered for sale on my site. So a purchase of an adult does not apply to the minimum order for the 2003 animals. The whole idea of me offering this discount is to try to move out larger quantities of babies QUICKLY. I guess in retrospect, I probably should have placed a minimum on NUMBER of animals, rather than the value of the animals. Guess I'll know better if I decide to do this again next year.

Thanks Rich.

The animals would have been for my wife, as she wants to get into corns. Unfortunately, she wants to go to the local shows and pick some out due to the "they are SOOO cute!" factor.

Thanks again for your time.

-m

Back