• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do CornSnakes Get On Well Together?

Ocelot

I was wondering, if I was to get another cornsnake could I put it in a cage with another one? Like do they get on well together i.e. they don't harm each other or anything. Just curious.

There is people that keep there corns together and have had no problems.Then again you could get a lot of problems.Corns have been known to eat each other,young female corns becoming egg bound.You may pass disease from one snake to the other.If you put two males together they may fight in mating season(starting now) or even worst.Do a search on this site there is loads wrote about this subject.If it were me I would by another viv.Snakes are solitary animals and don't need company.

it depends. if you have a male and get another male and put them in the same cage they wont mind eachother until mating season , then they start to fight eachother! some times to the death! :eek1:

I think it would be neat if the question itself could be automatically deleted from being posted again. :wavey:

Lennycorn said:
I think it would be neat if the question itself could be automatically deleted from being posted again.
Sort of an anti-stickied thread.

cornsnakefreak67 said:
it depends. if you have a male and get another male and put them in the same cage they wont mind eachother until mating season , then they start to fight eachother! some times to the death! :eek1:
Are there really cases of male corns combatting to the death? I've actually seen a bit of corn combat in the old days between males of similar and varying sizes, and I've never seen a situation where it looked like a fatality might result. :shrugs:

I actually separated my two after experiencing a few small probs, 1 being that they are both males but my eldest wouldnt leave my youngest alone, forever chasing him around the viv. Plus now they have been separated for a while, I find it allot easier.

When housed together its difficult to resolve possible problems (passing of feaces) plus, if one of them was to be sick & I wasnt around, you dont know which one it came from. Since separating them I find it allot easier keeping track of them individually & I believe that as a snake owner it is essential to be responsible & know that you are providing the best enviroment possible for them .

Allot of people find housing their snakes together works well if they are of the same size & experience no problems. I also noticed on the RSPCA website earlier that on the care sheet it says that it is perfectly 'ok' to house together..???!!! its a very sticky subject really, (on every forum) but its worth a try housing them separatley, surley? if its for the general happiness of you snakes.

Good Luck

Back