• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do these eggs look normal to you? This is my first time with snake eggs! Help

nemrak551

I have 20 creamsicle X Anery corn snake eggs, with 4-5 more on the way. I keep them at about 70% Humidity, and the Temp is 84-85 degrees. Some of them have turned a dark reddish color inside the egg towards the top of the egg, and one of them is a darker almost black color, but they are watery looking marks not decay. Is this normal?

If you can see inside the egg, that could just be the embryo developing. Healthy eggs fill with blood vessels as incubation progresses. When were they laid?

Is there any chance you could post a photo?

That's what I was thinking. Sometimes when eggs are under calcified and creat windows of sorts into the egg. Are the eggs bumpy? A pic will really help.

pics on my profile

If you can see inside the egg, that could just be the embryo developing. Healthy eggs fill with blood vessels as incubation progresses. When were they laid?

Is there any chance you could post a photo?

I have the pics on my profile in my album Padme's eggs. I can't figure out how to post a photo on the threads! They were layed on 4-23-09 through the 25th.

are these eggs normal?

The pics are on my profile in my photo album Padme's eggs. I'm still new at this, so still trying to figure out how to post pics on messages. They are smooth and not bumpy. They are all very plump, firm and no sinking in on the eggs! Ok here it goes, I think I figured it out! Let me know if you get the pics. Thanks

Attachments

• 5-4-09 #16 email.JPG
    5-4-09 #16 email.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 82
  • 5-4-09 #9 email.JPG
    5-4-09 #9 email.JPG
    42.4 KB · Views: 82
They were laid on 4-23-09 through 4-25-09. They are smooth, plump, and the shell is firm but not hard! I'm still trying to figure this out, the pics are on my profile in my Padme's eggs album. Sorry for the confusion.

those pics are bbbbllllluuuuurrrrryyyy. but yeah, it could just be the embryo forming inside the egg.

It's hard to tell by the pic what the discoloration is but the eggs look good and that's all that matters. I wouldn't worry about it.

Back