• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Do you have a fire alarm in your snake room?

mattsnake

snake hunter
Im thinking I should set up a fire alarm in my room, with running all these heat cables and pads. I have everything on thermostats but I should probably get a fire alarm in there. Pretty obvious but what do you think?

Yes, since it's my living room. I also have probed thermometers with temp alarms, and thermostats with alarms, and today I just ordered a remote temperature sensing device from LaCrosse Technology which will read the ambient temp plus the rack temp in my snake room, e-mail and text me if it exceeds my set limit, and I can monitor the temp on-line, on a mobile device, while I am away from home. Of course, I always unplug all heating devices while I am on vacation.

Probably not a bad idea. I have a combo smoke/CO2 alarm in mine, as well as separate heat and A/C units, and wall outlets all on their own designated circuits.

Having dogs, and a lot of snakes, a house fire is my number one nightmare.

Kathy

. . . .and today I just ordered a remote temperature sensing device from LaCrosse Technology which will read the ambient temp plus the rack temp in my snake room, e-mail and text me if it exceeds my set limit, and I can monitor the temp on-line, on a mobile device, while I am away from home. Of course, I always unplug all heating devices while I am on vacation.

Nanci, I had heard something about this technology - sounds really cool. If I may ask, what was the cost?

What is this thing called "vacation"? :confused:

Kathy

The bad thing is, you have to be home for a smoke alarm to work. And even then, you're only going to get the humans out. I've had a house fire (total destruction) and a tornado. I hope I'm done with that crap.

Back