• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

do you really need a heat pad under your tank?

superbrenna

i dont want to get a heat pad or heat tape for a snake tank. it to cunfuzing. cant i just use a lamp thing to heat my tank?
secondly, can i feed a snake a live mouse? or do i have to freeze it?

Lets see, you can use a light to heat your tank. I have used heat pads and heat tape in the past, but now I just keep my snake room at a steady 80-82 degrees with a drop in the evening to about 72-75. I don't use any heating devices at all. Constant winter and summer. As far as mice, it is better not to use live. You can purchase frozen mice from many online suppliers as well as pet stores. You do have to thaw them before feeding. Make sure that they are completely thawed with no cold spots.
A good book to purchase that is a big help to any corn snake owner is the "Corn Snake Manual". It is a big help with most questions that you may have.
Good Luck and have a GREAT DAY!!!!!
:wavey:

ceramic heaters are the best, work like lights but don't emit any light, just need a stat and guard and voila. Don't feed live because you ask for trouble usually ending in a dead snake and f/t is just more convineant too and i cant see the joy in watching a snake squash some poor little mouse up really. Buy a copy of the cornsnake manual they have pretty much everything in there you need to know about cornsnakes.

Rachel

Back