• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

does anyone know how?

vickylolage

to create a pastel motely corn?
I saw one recently when i bought some new corns and im dying to know how to create them myself because it was absolutely gorgeous little thing.
if anyone knows I'd be really greatful if you could enlighten me :)

Most pastels are ghost, you would need to combine hypomelanistic, anerythryistic and motley genes. The fastest way is to get two pastel motleys and breed them together, or you could get hets. Not ALL ghosts are pastel so if you got animals het for motley ghost you'd want to try and get a look at the parents and at least get an idea on their coloration.

If you want to breed your own it would take about 6 years if you start with basic snakes.

Buy a '07 (pastel) ghost and a '07 normal motley. Breed them in 2010. Save a male and a female baby from those. Then in 2013 breed them to each other. Voila - Pastel Motley!

I'd just buy one... they aren't expensive. :D

Well... if you want the thrill of breeding your own... cornutopia.com (Kathy Love) has some snakes that could get you there... I recommend a female hypo-motley and a male ghost.

Their babies would be hypos het motley and anery. You save back a pair of those and breed them and you get ghost motleys.

The male ghosts Kathy produces are pretty light colored. Dunno if I would consider them "pastel".

I have never understood the whole "pastel" thing... seems to be just line breeding for light colored ghosts.

well at the minute ive got 2 female ghosts. 1 is quite dark but the other is extremely light, it was one of Stephen Sharps' and it is absolutely gorgeous. Someone I know has a pastel motely but it has 2 kinks in it, what a gutter haha. I do want to breed them myself instead of just buying a pair though :)

Then I'd find a hypo motley or an anery motley to go with your light ghost and get started. :D

well i just got myself a hypo
so im on the hunt
:)

ive got 2 het butter stripes now
so hopefully i'll be producing them next year providing their up to size and are nice and healthy of course

Back