• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Does repti-safe really make water.... repti-safe? (retarded pun intended LOL)

vertigofm

I have a very basic knowledge of chemistry- from an intro college chem course I got a 'B' in (Hey I'm a history major!). I know that certain chemicals can break apart other chemicals or combine to create harmless chemicals (or to liberate the chemicals as heat energy). But is repti-safe all it's cracked up to be? Sure it can remove chlorine- but what about chloramines? What about all the other crap we sheep guzzle down ignorantly each day?

Frank

Repti-Safe advertises that it removes chloramines as well as chlorine.

While I'm not concerned about my (small) town's water supply, I use Repti-Safe as a "just in case", as my house is an OLD brick Victorian farmhouse built in 1907, and who knows what's in the pipes of the old beast.

IIRC, you'd essentially be able to dissipate the chlorine/chloramine away by letting the water stand for 24-48 hours.

regards,
jazz

I've used repti-safe for years with no apparent health problems in any of my snakes, so I guess no news is good news, right? I also use a $10 Brita filter to water all my snakes... it's quite convenient... just pour the tap water in and in a minute it's ready to go!

I think the water you drink is fine for a snake. I don't think there is any need at all to de-chlorinate. I think de-chlorinated water builds up bacteria faster than regular tap water.

SkyChimp said:
I think the water you drink is fine for a snake. I don't think there is any need at all to de-chlorinate. I think de-chlorinated water builds up bacteria faster than regular tap water.

Im in NYC and my water REEKS of chlorine, all you have to do is run it. Just to shower you feel like you went into a swimming pool not a shower, and there is so much chlorine its hell on your hair. I use repti safe too.

Most people nowadays dont drink tap.

Back