• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Does your reptile have MITES?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nemrak551

If your reptile has mites, then here is a remedy for you. I have perfected a 100% all natural recipe for Mite removal on reptiles. This recipe gets rid of them and keeps them gone with proper disinfecting and usage. The treatment can be used on any reptile, Corns, Kings, Boa's, Pythons, Milks, and Monitor's for ticks, (seek professional assistance if Ticks are present around the nose and ear’s of reptiles). I use this remedy at a Reptile shop where I work, and we treat all our new inhabitants at the shop. It won't harm your reptile.

I offer a 100% guarantee, if you are not satisfied with this treatment after you have tried it at least three times, then I will refund your purchase price minus shipping and handling.

Not responsible for misuse, or mishandling of reptile during treatment. Directions must be followed precisely. It is the buyer's responsibility to disinfect reptile housing, and accessories as directed and seek veterinarian assistance if reptile is unhealthy.
Not responsible for accidental death due to underlying health issues, or drowning. (REPTILE MUST BE SUPERVISED WHILE SOAKING).

*This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.
KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN

The purchase price is $10.00 and $6.00 shipping for shipping. Please contact me via cornsnakes.com under nemrak551.

Attachments

• Mite be Gone 006.jpg
    Mite be Gone 006.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 189
Are you qualified to work chemicals or have professional experience aside from trying it on animals?

I think Jay's treatment sounds safer and is definitely less expensive. At least you know what you're using. This sounds like snake oil. :p

Sorry for the confusion

I didn't mean to offend anyone. This is not snake oil, and it is not Chemicals. There are no chemicals in it, unless you think that water, iodine, and a very small amount of Dawn liquid soap is chemicals. We use them everyday on ourselves, and none of us has died of an overdose of Dawn. The powder consists of nothing but very finely crushed earth. You use it in your pools to soften your water, and you swim in it when you take a dip in your pool. The powder is not a chemical either, it works better then seven dust and doesn't have any pesticides in it whatsoever.
I just happened to stumble on this as part of research for a better mite treatment, my vetrinarian suggested I try it, she uses it on her patients as well, she just never perfected the right amount of each ingredient put together. The ingredients have to be together in the right amounts to work better and more effectively.

What this treatment does, is it soothes and heals bites from the nasty little buggers, and it also suffocates any of them that are still alive on or around the reptile. But will not suffocate your reptile or its scales.

So no I am not a scientist, and I don't sell snake oil. I am just a person that wanted a better mite treatment then subjecting my reptiles to absolute poison, and possible death due to poisoning from pesticides.

I also use this treatment around my house for ants, bugs, spiders, etc. It is awesome and there are absolutely no pesticides in it. It is safe to use around all my birds, reptiles, tortoises, and dogs and cats. That is what I was looking for, and this is what I came up with. We have been bug free for the past six years, and have not lost one animal to the treatment.

Just wanted to share with the rest of the reptile world, thought they would benefit from it.

So when Jack Daniels invented his whiskey, do you think people confronted him about that it was just another scam. HECK no they drank it up. Just like Jack I am wanting to share a creation with my fellow reptilian lovers.

Thanks
Karmen

Don't knock it till you've tried it!!!!!!

Heck if you get right down too it, the mites create a chemical that is toxic to your reptile!

The world is made up of chemicals, there are good and bad.

Whatever you seem to think, and enjoy doing is on your time, but I do apologize on the chemical part, I'm not a scientist.

I basically was meaning it is a non threatening treatment for your reptile to get rid of mites.

So I'm not a scientist. Yeah so what!! it has chemicals, but if used properly, they are not harmful to your pet. Just like if you give your reptile too much water it will drowned, duh, who doesn't know that.
Times are tough in this economy and sorry for just trying to help fellow reptile lovers while making a little extra for myself. Then so be it.

Don't knock it till you've tried it!!!!
If you don't seem to like the idea, then don't look at it.
In other words, if you haven't tried it, then don't say a thing bad about it until you have. Then you can say all you want.

I'm just thinking that spraying soap onto my snake make not be the the best idea. Leaving soap on for too long on our skin at least is pretty drying. I'd want to see some studies before I start lathering my snakes. That also said, what happens if they decide to take a drink of what they are soaking in? I've had snakes do that while swimming.......

My Reptiles

Me too. Sorry about that. What kind of snake do you have? We love pictures of people's reptiles here!

I have Corns, Boa's, Ball Pythons, Ratsnakes, Tegu, Monitor, and tortoise, plus a Cockatiel, Eclectus Parrot, and Blue Crowned Conure. I don't know how to do the whole number thing for female or male, still learning that.

f Sunglow, proven breeder
m Anery, proven breeder
f rootbeer, from Sunglow and Anery
f Anery x2
f Albino Jungle corn
f Bairds Ratsnake
f & m snow corns, proven breeder
f & m motley jungle corns
f pastel Boa, HET for albino
f pastel ball python
f b/w argentine tegu
m Savannah Monitor
m Red footed tortoise

Here are some pics, but just too many to post all at once

Attachments

• Mite be Gone 004.jpg
    Mite be Gone 004.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 108
  • katey's 3rd birthday 9-17-2009 024.jpg
    katey's 3rd birthday 9-17-2009 024.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 107
  • katey's 3rd birthday 9-17-2009 025.jpg
    katey's 3rd birthday 9-17-2009 025.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 107
  • katey's 3rd birthday 9-17-2009 026.jpg
    katey's 3rd birthday 9-17-2009 026.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 108
  • 4-24-09 (3).JPG
    4-24-09 (3).JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 109
I was weireded out by it too

I'm just thinking that spraying soap onto my snake make not be the the best idea. Leaving soap on for too long on our skin at least is pretty drying. I'd want to see some studies before I start lathering my snakes. That also said, what happens if they decide to take a drink of what they are soaking in? I've had snakes do that while swimming.......

It is such a small amount of Soap that it doesn't even make very many bubbles. Plus it is diluted down with water. You are soaking your snake in a tub of water that has a lid, you soak in the water first, let it drink, well here is the directions. The solution is very diluted so it is not harmful. and the most we get if we swallow soap is the diarrhea!!!! and we may be able to blow bubbles for a minute or two.

DIRECTIONS FOR MITE Be GONE TREATMENT:
1. Fill one Plastic tub with lid, with lukewarm water. (Water should be between 85-90 degrees) Deep enough for reptile to submerge in.
2. Place reptile in water and let it drink first, for about 5 minutes.
3. SHAKE WELL! Mite Be Gone Solution and the Mite Be Gone Spray solution.
4. Place ½ cup full of Mite Be Gone solution for small reptiles and 1 cap full for large reptiles.
5. Mix Mite Be Gone Solution in soaking water, agitate water, place lid on, and let reptile soak for about 30 minutes. (Always supervise reptile while in water, DO NOT LEAVE UNATTENDED!)
6. Remove reptile, and wipe it down with a dampened cloth that has been sprayed with Mite Be Gone Spray solution avoiding the eyes and nostrils.
(REPEAT IF NECESSARY ONLY EVERY OTHER DAY) until you notice the mites are gone.

Last edited:
So your vet can figure out the right proportions when blending the ingredients? Just who has figured out the right proportions?

she didn't have the time

So your vet can figure out the right proportions when blending the ingredients? Just who has figured out the right proportions?

She didn't have the time, and she told me to run with it, so I ran with it!!! I worked and worked on it. I told her what I wanted to do with it, and she smiled and said cool. So I figured out the right proportions!

And yeah, corns do hide, I had five new breeders for six months and my husband didn't even know we had them till like just yesterday!!!

Last edited:
I'm really quite skeptical to say the least. Iodine is extremely toxic if injested. I don't think this is something I'd want to submerse a snake in and risk a snake injesting this solution. Sorry.

Sorry you feel that way

I'm really quite skeptical to say the least. Iodine is extremely toxic if injested. I don't think this is something I'd want to submerse a snake in and risk a snake injesting this solution. Sorry.

It is such a minute amount of iodine as well, and when put in the tub with the soaking snake, it is very very diluted, but even though diluted, it still soothes and heals. I can't even begin to tell you the amount, but it is very small and I could even ingest it and wouldn't notice a thing. Plus if you let your snake soak a good 5-10 minutes before adding the solution, it shouldn't be a problem. That's why you let them drink before adding it. You can also hold the snakes head if possible for about 20 minutes while in the water. It's that easy and simple. I promise you, it will not harm your snake, we have treated so many with it, and it's awesome treatment.

There is still the risk of iodine injestion. The only product I am aware of that contains injestable iodine is table salt (was added to aid in the provention of goiters) and the amount (.06% - .01% volume by weight) is very minute to the point it is not harmful.

You have a reptile shop in the Vegas area? I'll be moving out there soon, so I've been poking around looking at places to pick up feeders. What's your selection of frozen feeders like? Do you have quail chicks? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back