• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dream Animal/Pet

MindsEyeExotics

If money were no object, what animal(s) would you love to have? Mine is a sloth (Hoffman's Two-toed to be specific) I am obessed with them and will definitely one day have one (or two :D) ..but reptile-wise, I think it's Golden Eye Blood Pythons, they are beautiful on their own and can produce the Magpie..oh and also Blue Tree Monitors, absolutely stunning...can't stop at just that, gotta also add Palmetto(of course) and Panda Pied BP to the list

Those blood pythons are beautiful!! Out of curiosity, why a sloth? Reptile-wise, I'd like an orange-eyed crocodile skink, a Baird's rat snake, an INDIGO snake!!, an Azabache boa, and a Hog Island boa. I'd love to get into falconry if I had the time, so maybe like in the next two decades I'll have a hawk. Eventually, I want a gyrfalcon. I want a horse (mustang), and a pangolin, which is impractical and probably illegal. Maybe a flying fox bat, a monocled cobra, pied crows, a tiger, a jaguar, a pack of wolves...most of these will never happen, but a girl can dream!!

I would have to say that my number one pet would have to be an Irish Wolfhound. I absolutely LOVE them. The one thing that I dont like about them is they dont live too long. I would also like to eventually get my falconry license and although very common a Red-Tail hawk would be at the top of my list.

... A big cat. I know it's so cliche, but I have always loved big cats. In love the wolves too, and really I'd love to have a big cat, wolf, and raptor/Corvid sanctuary.

A velociraptor. :rofl:

I'd love to have a caiman as a pet, like if there was a way to guarantee it would never attack (while still being humane!) I would get one and take it for walks. :3

I'd take a redtail too as a first raptor, versus a kestral. I'd love a tiger, but I'd take one from a bad situation and kinda provide a rescue/sanctuary home for it, I wouldn't go out and buy one myself. And komodo--I'd absolutely love to go into falconry. I've deemed it unpractical to get now, as I'm still in high school, but I feel like raptors are similar to reptiles. They're both really primal and instinctual, and I love that about them.

komodo--I'd absolutely love to go into falconry. I've deemed it unpractical to get now, as I'm still in high school, but I feel like raptors are similar to reptiles. They're both really primal and instinctual, and I love that about them.

It is also unpractical for me right now since they take alot of time to care for and train, here in PA you need to do an apprenticeship I think it is for two years with a person that keeps them and hunts so it seems like it is a whole different ball game. Also I do love the primal aspect of them.

Practical pets that I may actually get one day:
-Bernese Mountain Dog
-Dumerils Boa
-Rats
-Birds (budgies and chickens)
-Black Milksnake
-Leopard Gecko
-Locality Rosy Boa (I like the Ortiz!)
-Maybe a ball python one day
-Red-tailed green rat snake
-Baron's Racer
-Sulcata Tortoise
-More corns!

Impractical pets that I'll probably never own:
-Genet (look this up if you haven't heard of them)
-Pantagonian Cavy
-Fox (I'd love to get some leftover foxes from the Russian silver fox project)
-Bird of prey
-Tegu
-Okapi

I tend to love the idea of anything 'exotic' but unfortunately many of these are far too much work for me.

PYGMY MARMOSET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

flickr-2268446609-image.jpg

Like a few others in this thread, I've looked into falconry and would prefer a redtail if I started.

For a pet and not a hunting animal, I sooooo want a serval--I've researched what it would take to own one and I'd be willing to make those sacrifices. All of the pros of a big cat with few of the cons--don't need to be outdoors-only in a huge cage, and won't eat me.

As for reptiles, an indigo snake. I have a picture of me at age 5 or so holding an indigo draped over my shoulders that's twice as long as me. I've loved them ever since! :eek:

If I could train them to do nice things like grant wishes and not to bite, I would save all of these fairies from the likes of Hoggle.
fairy.jpg

If money were no object, what animal(s) would you love to have? Mine is a sloth (Hoffman's Two-toed to be specific) I am obessed with them and will definitely one day have one (or two :D) ..but reptile-wise, I think it's Golden Eye Blood Pythons, they are beautiful on their own and can produce the Magpie..oh and also Blue Tree Monitors, absolutely stunning...can't stop at just that, gotta also add Palmetto(of course) and Panda Pied BP to the list

I might be able to help you in two years with that request.

My dream animal would have to be a truely pied corn. Other then snakes a Greenwing Macaw.

Back