• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

duct tape!!

kentuckycorns

ok, the other day a friend of mine who has an 06 anery called me and asked me to have a look at his snake he said it had something sticky on his scales and couldnt figure out what it was, i went over to check it out and after seeing it i couldnt figure it out. so i took out all the stuff in his viv and found a piece of duct tape!! evidently there was a hole in the lid of his ten gallon and he put duct tape on both sides to keep the snake from escaping, well the piece on the inside fell off and evidently got stuck to the snake. the snake freed himself from the tape but the glue off of it stuck to the scales and then all the dirt and dust from the repti bark stuck to it, i took a warm wet rag and wiped the snake down seeing if it would come off but it wont. is there any old method of getting the glue to "unstick" without harming the snake? i tried to soak him in warm water but its not working. the snake is temporarily in my care so i can get it off. but i am trying to figure out how. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Keep in mind too, that any left behind will all come off after the next shed too - just keep an eye on the snake to be sure it sheds completely.

Jenn

i was hoping that it would not bother him to much so that it would just come off in the next shed but he acts like it bothers him, he usually is not that active and he just ate so i know its not that he is hungry but he has been moving around alot and digging in the repti bark like he is trying to shed it off but he just shed a few weeks ago so i am gonna try to get it off tonight.

Back