• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Dull Scales

HoldenBurn

I have just checked on Seth (2 months old) and his skin is really dull in colour.

I know that this could happen when sheding and I do think that he is about ready for one but I do not remember seeing his eyes go blue.

Is there anything that could have caused this or is it likely to be a shed? :shrugs:

I think he's going to shed. I miss my snake turning blue a few times too.
Just wait a few more days

good luck :cheers:

Yer, I'm pretty sure thats what it is but just wanted to check.

I need to try and bring the humidity up as the tank is quite well ventilated so I better get that sorted ASAP.

Dull scales with clear eyes means your snake is either very close to shed or about a week or so away. One of my snakes gets noticably duller about about a week before being obviously in blue.
Kind of like getting a breakout a week in advance of ..that time of the month.
(If you are a boy then disregaurd this analogy)

Also, when getting really close to shed sometimes a snakes eyes clear up a bit.

GiantBlueberry, I agree that what you said is MOSTLY right, but not always...

I have one snake that, I can think of, I have NEVER seen his eyes cloudy...And then I have acouple more snakes that they will have dull skin for WEEKS, before their eyes go cloudy, and it will be another 2-3 weeks before they finally shed, (which are good sheds I might add)... I will say that none of my younger snakes have taken this long, usually a week total, but just wanted to say that every snake is different, including the timeline for shedding.

Holden, I'm sure your snake is in shed as well...The little fellow ought to be back to normal soon...

terrysangel79

Back