• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

easiest to handle

ara35

when is it the easiest to handle a corn snake? mine is about 7 months old and 24 inches long and it seems like it's getting a little easier. i dont mean the whole jumpy issue. i mean is it easier when they're 5 feet long because they can wrap around your arm better. just looking for some opinions.

I think its better when they are older snakes. They know you mean no harm and wont try to get away that much. And you have a point with the "wraping around the arm"
But I guess everyone has their preference.

Flailing wild little hatelings trying to bite me or launch themselves into the air are not as much fun as a bigger snake who will do the snake treadmill thru my hands, or sit on my lap, or ride on my shoulders, or ride coiled around my ponytail. But you go thru the crazysnake stage, and it is cute to look at. Ten grams, hissing & striking & tail rattling like crazy!

I think it depends a lot on the snake. I have a tiny baby that is a joy to handle. No striking, hyperactive behavior, or tail rattling. Just completely chilled and content. The other siblings had more of the typical baby behavior and were quite defensive. I can see how an older snake would be easier to handle though due to their larger size and greater confidence in their environment.

yeah mine isnt nippy, hissing or scared. very comfortable. it's just the actual physical aspect i'm talking about. i feel like as he is getting bigger he's easier to have on my arm instead of my hands and so on... and can you put corns around your neck or do they not enjoy that

Back