• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eating after a shed?

Fauna

I just got a new corn, the first snake that is actually mine-I've cared for many though- he shed this morning and is acting like he's hungry, but I fed him this Monday.

Should I go ahead and feed him, or wait?

What's your feeding schedule? If it is time to feed or past due, go ahead. If it is not yet time, keep to the schedule.

I feed him on Mondays, right now he's feeding every seven days. I just wanted to make sure not to feed him even though he's acting like he's hungry. I told his impatient butt to wait. :)

He seems happier that's for sure! I actually just got him on Sunday! He shed with "no warning" because he had already been through the blue stage when I got him and went to the looking basically back to normal phase. He ate Monday, then when I woke up on Wednesday he had shed![emoji4]

It's recommended not to feed in blue or for a week after moving to a new home, but if everything went okay then there's no problem. Sounds like he's settling in easily.

He was actually out of blue when I got him and I didn't even know he was about to shed, and I didn't know the second part. Super glad everything went a-okay.

x-Misty

Back