• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eats and drinks from my hand.

ZiVvmO

My Abbey just doesn't seem to care what's going on around her in terms of eating and drinking. I have had her out and playing, and on multiple occasions, when putting her back in the viv, she'll lean over to her water and take a drink while still in my hand.

She also has no reservation about eating either. I normally put the mouse in her feeding chamber (I don't feed her in the viv), and then set her in it. Often she will attach onto the mouse before I even have a chance to completely set her down in the thing. She just seems to have no worries.

Just thought I'd see how many others have a snake that will just do whatever without regard to human contact.

My snake constantly drinks while in my hands, if I lead her to the water more often that not she will drink.

While I think the good feeding response is well, a good thing. I would be leery of putting myself in the situation where my body parts are still present during a feeding frenzy. To avoid that I put the snake in the container first and then the mouse. I would like to avoid putting myself in way of being tagged when it could be easily avoided. :shrugs:

Thats Great!

Chompy wont even let me get within a few cm of him without having a go at my hand (6 bites in 2 handling 'sessions'! and thats not counting the strikes where he's missed!)

Thats Great!

Chompy wont even let me get within a few cm of him without having a go at my hand (6 bites in 2 handling 'sessions'! and thats not counting the strikes where he's missed!)
Did you know 'bite club' pictures are mandatory?:rofl:

Did you know 'bite club' pictures are mandatory?:rofl:

They'd be a bit boring! He doesnt break the skin yet (Hence why im willing to just leave my hand there until he gets bored of biting!)

Dont worry though, i promise the first time he manages to injure me ill let you see :rofl:

Haha, hes let go straight away so far!.

Closest he came to gripping on was the first time i got him out, after scurrying around my fingers for a few minutes he decided i wasnt going to eat him.... So he was going to eat me! Started constricting my fingers after 5minutes he slowly edged himself towards one with his mouth open... changed his mind when he found out it couldnt fit!

My snake always expects me to hold her every day for when she gets a drink. I'm guessing that she feels more secure to drink while I'm around, but I don't really know why.

Until a couple weeks ago I used to feed her from my hand. I stopped doing that, simply to prevent any potential incidents where she may accidentally bite me instead of her meal.

My snakes always attempt to flee once they realize I'm grabbing at them. But once in hand, they're calm, and will eat from my hand. I resume being the enemy when I return them to their vivs however. I wonder if they will ever grow accustomed to my hand as a friend.

Roxanne is similarly unconcerned about her feeding and drinking environment. It's a source of amusement for my friends and I when she starts wolfing down her pinkie without remembering to first let go of me. And she drinks from my hand all the time--it's actually a bit of a problem, since I had trouble keeping my hand completely still, sometimes she starts gulping down air and sometimes she gets a dunking she probably wasn't expecting.

Tootse will do both as well. I've always found it kind of endearing...but then again...I'm weird.

Tootse will do both as well. I've always found it kind of endearing...but then again...I'm weird.
I think having the snake as a pet is the weird part. :-D

Thinking that the eating and drinking is endearing seems perfectly normal to me...and I feel the same way.

Back