• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Egg Bound!!! Help needed.

WAS1

7 days after successfully laying 26 eggs, i`ve noticed a large swelling round my female Jungles vent.
I`m sure she`s egg boung with at least 2 eggs. She`s also in shed.
This is the 1st time ive had a snake with this condition.
Anyone any tips?
She`s a lovely snake and I don`t want to lose her.

Please try to take a picture of that area and show it on here. Is the area hard or squishy? If its soft it could just be some gas build up which is common after laying eggs.

If it right at the vent, she can most likely just pass them on her own as she digest and rids herself of food. You lubricate the vent area to make it easier on her if you feel the eggs are too large or You could offer some swims for her if she doesnt get too stressed out by that. Main thing is , don't panic. This situation tends to work out just fine most of the time.

If you have a vet in your area they will be the best help on trying to manually remove those eggs. How close is the end of the egg to vent? 1/2 inch ? 1 inch? You can try the luke warm swim now that will help loosen her up some and helps the shed too.

after 7 days the contents of the eggs are starting to harden so aspirating them would be difficult but could be attempted by a vet.

Back