• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

egglaying nest

luciano

is it safe to put the egglaying nest even before the prenatal shed? like about 3 weeks before.
She just uses it as her new hidebox
thanks

I routinely put the egg-laying "nest" in with the female at LEAST a week before I think she is due to have her pre-laying shed. This gives the female plenty of time to get used to it and to get it "just right". I also find that the moist moss in the box helps the female with her shed. I have also had a few females that laid their eggs BEFORE they shed, and I was very glad to have had the "nest" ready and in place when they laid! The only thing you need to watch for, and clean if necessary, is poop in the nest...the females that "live" in their nest box will most often poop there too.

Back