• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eggs for breakfast!!!!!!!

Matthewk

What a beautiful thing to wake up to your snake laying eggs, 3 so far, got to see and record her laying the third and the fourth is just about out. I'm so excited and feel privlaged to have been able to witness it. I have a wedding to go to in a few hours and really hope she has finished before then. How long can eggs be left in the lay box? If I dont get them out before I go it will be 3 in the morning by the time I get back tonight. Any suggestions?
She is a Candy cane by the way. I'll put photos up later if i can. Can you post video clips on this site? :crazy02:

Here's a quick pic of her laying her fourth egg. :crazy02:

Attachments

• Candy-birth.JPG
    Candy-birth.JPG
    111.7 KB · Views: 107
Congrats! What an amazing thing to see. I was able to witness the same thing on the 19th. After 7 hours my girl produce 20 good eggs and 1 slug. As long as the box the eggs are in is warm and moist they should be alright until you get home. Temps between 70-90 are safe according to Kathy Love's book. Anything above 90 for even an hour can spell death for eggs or malformities in babies if they survive.

We managed to get them out before heading off for the wedding,eleven in total at that time and came home to find two more.She hasn`t laid any more yet but is still acting as if their may be more,she refused a small fuzzy so we`ll leave her another while and see then.

Ye this is her first year, the total count is 13, they are a bit off colour but hopefully they will be alright. She is in good condition and maybe up to double clutching (weighed 500g after laying compared to 700 before laying). We already have one clutch that should be hatching in a week or so (diff female). I will keep you posted about both. Thanks

Back