• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eggs laid early....HELP!!

mchadwick

My female corn is not laying her eggs all at the same time. She started laying on monday and has laid two a day since. I thought she was suppose to lay all at once. She is early as far as the laying by about three weeks. This is my first time breeding and am clueless. I did accidentally drop one when I was transferring it to the incubator. I have the eggs in an incubator with dampened perlite and have the temp set at 84. The first egg that was laid is twice the size as the others. Two are dented and all but the big one have turned creamy colored. I just do not know what is normal. My husband is going to take pictures so I can get them posted for any advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Firstly, were you planning on breeding or did you get a female and now you have unexpected eggs?

Next, do you have Kathy & Billy Love's book? If not get it ASAP. There is a section about breeding in there that would be a place for you to start your research on breeding and get 'a clue' as you say. Here is the link to it on amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/Corn-Snakes-C...0706/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1304697521&sr=8-1

Not all eggs laid are fertile. If you don't know how to tell look at some other people pics of eggs on here until you get the book I suggested. Not sure what will happen with the one you dropped, eggs are very delicate.

Not trying to be harsh here, but there is a lot of things involved in breeding, and it's just better to have a lot of information about it before hand. Post the pics of the eggs and a bit more info on the female (size etc) and we can try to help.

My female leid over 5 days. We had 15 eggs but most were slugs and 3 were good dry white eggs. I did not know tell she laid the good eggs.

I hope that helps look at pictures and get books kathy loves book is great.

Eva

Thanks. I will get the book. I was not planning on breeding. Thought I had two females, turned out the vet that probed them was wrong. The female is three and the male is two years old. I was told that my female was large enough to hold 15-20 eggs. This will most likely be the only time I breed. the female and male are separated now and will remain so. Thanks again for y'alls help.

Thanks. I will get the book. I was not planning on breeding. Thought I had two females, turned out the vet that probed them was wrong. The female is three and the male is two years old. I was told that my female was large enough to hold 15-20 eggs. This will most likely be the only time I breed. the female and male are separated now and will remain so. Thanks again for y'alls help.

Yeah snakes get sexed incorrectly all the time. It's not your fault but I'm glad you've got them separate now. You might be surprised if your eggs hatch you may want to try again under better circumstances. My girls that I bred this year are 3yrs old and they each laid beautiful fertile eggs (30 between them) I'm so anxious for them to hatch. The book will defiantly help you. Good Luck.

Back