• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Eggs!

mchadwick

This is my second year breeding.... I have completely forgotten the best temperature for incubating eggs. I was about to go to bed when I glanced at my female and she has already laid 6 eggs.... I thought I still had a few weeks before she would lay, so obviously I was not ready. I had to run to wal-mart very quickly to pick up perlite (that's what I used last year). I hate that I wasn't ready, but I am not wanting to lose any eggs. I am hoping someone is up this late to help. What is the best Temperature? I am thinking 82 degrees but I want to be sure. Thank you so much!

I set my incubater at 80, as an unusual (for the UK!) heatwave meant I lost most of my clutches a few years ago. It gives me a litle more wriggle room just in case.

If she does this midnight laying thing again, we are NOT staying up with her...it's not like we can help her "deliver" or anything...however, 16 solid and pretty white eggs as of this morning...we'll see if she was done or not when I get home from work (and go to sleep)

Thank you all! As my husband said she has laid 16 beautiful eggs! She laid 21 year... but I know each clutch will not have the same amount. I am looking forward to the babies!! We bred her with our coral snow so I am hoping for some pretty babies! :)

Back