• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Emoryi or corn?

Galadriel

DSC_5113.jpg

What do you think?

Well, it's definitely not a pure emoryi. It would be nearly impossible to determine if it is "pure" corn though, but it looks like it could be. :shrugs:

Thank you. I really don´t know what she is, but my boss suggested she was an emoryi.. she was bred last year to a big, normal corn male (Nils), and produced all normal corn looking offspring.
The plan is to breed her to my amel male this year, and see how the offspring turn out color/patternwise.

I'd be inclined to say corn...can't say its 100%, but it sure looks that way to me :)

The very large saddles and prominant side pattern say 'corn' much more than emoryi. Not much about her says emoryi to me actually - color definition is too sharp and black borders are too prominent. A belly pic would help as there can be some differences in belly pattern. Overall she looks like a lovely Miami corn - but as others have said, no way to know for sure,

mary v.

Did your boss say why he thought emoryi? I can't see anything that would give anyone that idea. Even 75% corn/ 25% emoryi crosses don't have nearly that much red/orange in their saddles. If that corn has emoryi in it, it would have to be a very small percentage.

Back