• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Emoryi x Amel corn?

fetange

What will I get if I breed my emoryimale to a amelcorn female?
Are they gonna hatch out as rootbeers het. creamsicle?

/Angelica :cheers:

Yes - they will be rootbeer (the usual name for the normal colored variation of this cross) and will be het amel (creamsicle).

Here are some hatchlings from our creamsicle male and pure emoryi female - with one creamsicle corn for size comparison
63rootbeer_and_creamsicle.jpg

they grow up to look like this
05_July_1_Dubya_reduced.jpg

good luck with the breeding attempt - most emoryi will breed corns, but some are quite reluctant.

mary v.

Thank you very much!
I'm thinking about buying a amel female and introduce her to my emoryi male. And then breed their offsprings to eachother and produce creamsicles. :)

Thank you for your answer! :crazy02:

Here he is at almost 2 years old - just out of brumation and looking great
P3180315.jpg

of course the creamsicles aren't too bad either - this is his half brother (from a butter corn)
P1270216.jpg

mary v.

fetange said:
I'm thinking about buying a amel female and introduce her to my emoryi male. And then breed their offsprings to eachother and produce creamsicles. :)

Sigh. That's been done to death. Why not breed pure emoryis?

There's nothing wrong with introducing new blood into creamsicles. Pure emoryi's are great, but there are so many creative crosses that have not been done yet. I'd love to see diffuse creams and more hypo crosses. I think an emoryi/lavender F2 would look nice.

dionythicus said:
There's nothing wrong with introducing new blood into creamsicles. Pure emoryi's are great, but there are so many creative crosses that have not been done yet. I'd love to see diffuse creams and more hypo crosses. I think an emoryi/lavender F2 would look nice.

I'm breeding a miami corn to a emoryi lady, I hope they deliver rootbeers like the one above, very handsome!

:-offtopic Speaking of creativety; I'm thinking of a lav stripe king x lav corn cross... (please don't flame :grin01: )

OMG. Why do you have to live in Europe? :cry: I would love something like that!

I'm keeping my lav albino king girl with the hopes of breeding her to my opal corn down the road. I plan to use her for many projects. Same with my emoryi male and a few others. Keep your animals' safety in mind when breeding different species and sell them honestly as hybrids and no one needs to worry about it. :)

My emoryi's due to start a line of creams, and possible some "lavsicles" once I pick up a male lav. I'd also love to see all the different things that could come out of emoryi x corn morph crosses, it just seems like there's so much that can be done and very few people that are willing to do it.

Back