• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Empty tank syndrome sucks

Nagini33

And thats why I'm here. I had an empty 20 gal all set up ready to go, with no snake in it, and 2 55 gal tanks waiting in my garage until I'm ready for them.

I have been keeping garter snakes for a while (mostly eastern and checkered morphs) but when i saw an ad for $10 corn snake hatchlings on craigslist today I had to jump on it. So now i have a foot long female albino in my living room and hoping and praying my roommates don't notice for a while. They don't mind the garters b/c we have wild garters in our basement so they can't say they're scared of escapes, but we def don't have wild corn snakes in our basement.

A little about me, I'm 23, live in southern ohio, and have a mini zoo. Right now i have 2 cats (gato and The Kitten), 3 dogs (2 pit bulls named Blue and Harley and a cattle dog named Cain), 2 ponies (Donatello and Ella), and the snakes.

A little about me, I'm 23, live in southern ohio, and have a mini zoo. Right now i have 2 cats (gato and The Kitten), 3 dogs (2 pit bulls named Blue and Harley and a cattle dog named Cain), 2 ponies (Donatello and Ella), and the snakes.

Sounds like my kind of house!

Hello and welcome! Where are you in Ohio?

I think at least ONE of those tanks should have fish in it. ;)

I'd love to put fish in one of them, unfortunately they've all been used to house reptiles or something furry in the past. Most don't hold water :-(. I had somewhere around 20 tanks set up in highschool. Tearing them down when i went to college made me cry.

Oh man I know exactly what you're talking about! Ever since my very first reptile (a rescued leopard gecko several years ago) I've been suffering from empty tank syndrome / "herp fever". I now have a red iguana and a brand new cornsnake! And I have one more thiry gallon tank that I'm just itching to fill up.

And your house sounds like mine! I still live with my family, but together we have two dogs (Dexter and Louie) A cat (Pandora) Two guinea pigs (Polly and Poppy) Twelve ciclids, A red iguana (Salvador), a cornsnake (Zephyr), and a tarantula (Bitey)

Whoops missed your question, I'm outside of Cincinnati
Well, there's an Indy reptile show on Nov. 1. Crackerhead (Terri) will be there, Naptown Retiles (Rich) and some local breeders will have some great stuff for sale. Make a list, check it twice and c'mon up! ;)

Well, there's an Indy reptile show on Nov. 1. Crackerhead (Terri) will be there, Naptown Retiles (Rich) and some local breeders will have some great stuff for sale. Make a list, check it twice and c'mon up! ;)

I'm going to that show!! I've never been to one before though... will there be veteranarians on sight? I want to get my cornsnake sexed but there are no good vets nearby.
I also wanna show off my red iguana :D

Sometimes if you ask, a breeder will sex the snake for you. Not sure if they charge for it or not. You're bringing your iguana into the show with you?

I also wanna show off my red iguana :D

I would check the show's website before you take your animals, as a lot of them won't let you bring them in... One of ours lets you bring up to two animals for trades or to sell, but the other one won't even let you back in if you walk out with one you just purchased...

Oh I don't know if I am, it just depends on if that's absolutely insane or not. I've never been to a reptile show! I've been to rabbit shows... but not reptile ones! What can I expect, besides ending up with a new reptile? haha

Did you post pics of your red iggy yet? The shop down the street has the red ones, but sells out of the orange ones as soon as he gets them.

Reptile shows are not really shows. They are sales. You don't actually show or bring reptiles in. It is only for buying new ones. Most places won't let them in...and you should not anyway. Your animal could get ill or pick up parasites. It's more like a market than a rabbit show. Leave your pets at home and just bring money. Also be wary of the impulse buy.
Just out of curiosity...what do you have planned for the iggy when it reaches adulthood? Are you doing a whole room for it or a giant custom cage? I would love one, but currently don't have the space for what will be a 6foot+ animal with a temper.

I am totally going to purchase a snake at the show!!

And.... here... let me post some pictures of Salvador right here! He's a cutey :D

2cxvoxw.jpg

2cftda0.jpg

v49p3l.jpg

I'll post better photos of Salvador and Zephyr later!

Also, yes, I have a plan for when Salvador turns giant. He already is in a 200 gallon tank, and I plan on converting my laundry room in to a home for him in a couple of years - it's got concrete floors, a sliding glass door, and plenty of places to put perches and heat / UVB lamps! He's only eight months old right now, though.

Your iggy is beautiful and what a great idea for a room. Are you sure he is male? I don't know as much about iggys as some...but he has a very female looking head.

And thats why I'm here. I had an empty 20 gal all set up ready to go, with no snake in it, and 2 55 gal tanks waiting in my garage until I'm ready for them.

I have been keeping garter snakes for a while (mostly eastern and checkered morphs) but when i saw an ad for $10 corn snake hatchlings on craigslist today I had to jump on it. So now i have a foot long female albino in my living room and hoping and praying my roommates don't notice for a while. They don't mind the garters b/c we have wild garters in our basement so they can't say they're scared of escapes, but we def don't have wild corn snakes in our basement.

Let's get back to Nagini, shall we? ;)

Again, welcome. So what kind of new animal are you considering for those tanks? Also, if you DID want to reseal them, it's not that difficult. I could easily walk you through it if you ever wanted to consider fish again.

There is also a show this Saturday in Cbus. It's not very big, but it gets the job done (no comments Wade!). The corn selection isn't great...I just go to pick up mice.

PS. Welcome aboard!

Back