• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

enclosure

TONY

hi

could anyone send me some picture's of cornsnake encloser's cos i haven't got a clue.

thanx

tony

Tony here are a couple of my cages to give you an idea. let us know if you have any more questions. we are all glad to help.:D

Hoss

Attachments

• cage1.jpg
    cage1.jpg
    49.8 KB · Views: 113
Bloughchi

I did that for awhile because people would come over and look at them and ask what kind are they male female etc. so I found it easier to label them instead of going through 12 different names of phases, but as of now none of the labels are correct because of trading, selling changing cages. So it really wasn't worth doing :(

Hoss

viv

HI

Is this viv ok or not?

big thanks everone

tony

Attachments

• dscf0001.jpg
    dscf0001.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 91
yeah, let me give you one suggestion that will make YOUR life so much better...

go to home depot/whoever and buy yourself a red "FLOODLIGHT", they have silver around them and it's angled just so that the light goes down and not EVERYWHERE.

I used a regular red bulb until it made me see green (literally) for hours after spending time in the snake room at night...

I use floods in both my homemade fixtures, the direct light better...

Looks like a fine viv...

burning

it's a bit of a risk using an exposed bulb like that because when the snake is out exploring it could bump it's snout up against the bulb, causing a burn and pain to the snake.

picture of snake

hi

here is a pic of my normal corn had it 1week & 3days.

sorry better pic next time.

tony

Attachments

• dscf0003.jpg
    dscf0003.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 78
Hi

Thanks for the advice on the bulb. Will look into a spot type and some way of shielding.

The lid is 1/2" laminated chipboard with drilled airholes. I think it is heavy enough.

Main heat source is a heat pad beneath the tank.

Feeding time tonight.

Cheers

Tony

sorry meant to say tony not andy... ive got a heat pad and that seems to be fine for heat i only use the light in my viv to simulate night and day so if ur viv is in a well lit area u should be fine with out the light ... mine seems to come out more with naturall light...

Yeah i'd get a guard around whatever bulb you get because if your snake is anything like my litlun it'll climb up EVERYTHING but has a lot more trouble getting down again (good job i have no light) so you dont want it wrapping round that and cooking - they're pretty dumb like that, hence why hot rocks aren't encouraged.

Rach

Light outside the cage over a screen top. Use clips to hold it down. Also, how heavy is the water dish? If it's light plastic, your snake will tip it and spill water.
Perhaps a heat pad underneath??

Be very careful!

Tony,

I didn't see anyone else mention this so I will:

Is the thermometer located in the upper-center on the tank the one that you are using to monitor the temperature? If so, you are likely overheating your snake, especially if you are using both a heat mat and a lamp. (Are both heat sources under the same end??)

In order to be effective, the thermometer needs to be under the lamp (and on top of the mat) on the surface of the substrate. The temp difference between the heated tank floor (where the snake resides) and the lid of the tank can easily vary by more than 20-30 degrees.

advice

hi

i will send a good pic 2morrow to sure what kinde.(alex)

thank cav i didnt know that.(cav)

cheers everyone.

tony

Back