• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

escape proof

steve-00

i need a better temporary place to keep my snake, hes gotten out of the one hes in now twice, even after modifying it to what people sed was better.

We use the HerpHavens for our little ones when they first arrive, and haven't had an escapee (yet!). They're not very expensive, and have room for a small hide and a water bowl (we're using PVC pipe caps).

Well, we've only had Cornwallis for a few days, but so far I love the Zilla 10 Gallon Critter Cage we have for him. It has a sliding screen lid that latches, AND it has a hasp that can be padlocked together for extra security ( which we have done, to keep out the cats). This thing is solid, and I can't imagine him getting out of it.

Im with Hail Britannia on this one, thats what Ive used. I also have clips for it as well, there is no way any snake is getting out lol

I vote for Zilla 10 gallon Critter Cage. Check that the latch is latched every time you close the lid by pulling back on it.

Another vote for the Zilla Critter Cage. Shop around though, as I've seen them for quite a variety of prices in the pet shops near me. Definitely make sure that both sides of the lid are positioned along the ridges and that lid is fitted under the clasps at the back. And, like Nanci suggested, it's good to give it an assurance tug to make sure it's locked in place. Sounds complicated, but it's not. It's one of the securist, most readily available cages on the market. I love the little cut-outs it has for cords too.

However, if you're looking for a cheaper, temporary solution, esp. if you are wanting to upgrade in the future, you could go for a Critter Keeper or Sterlite container. Either one could be secured with binder clips, elastic bands, velcro, bungee cords, and numerous other ideas I've seen on here.

I don't understand the confusion. Buy a Rubbermaid and put a brick on it.

Attachments

• Rubbermaid.JPG
    Rubbermaid.JPG
    46.8 KB · Views: 41
Back