• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Escaped Corn Down Sink Drain!?

SnakeBreederInc

One of my 04 Snow's got out some how earlier today. We just moved in this place today. Figures one of em just had to manage to escape. We've searched the entire place including the 10 other viv's. Missing one corn out of 31 is a pain in the. :sidestep: . Any one have any clues on whether or not a hatchling would go down a sink drain. That's the only obvious answer at this time.

i suppose it...

is possible, but how close is the enclosure to the sink you suspect (s)he went down? it's unlikely that your snake would have travelled to an area that didn't provide many places for it to seek shelter(such as a bathroom or kitchen). they often go up when they escape, so...under sofa cushions, behind curtains, even tucked away behind a few volumes in a book shelf. i often handle my snakes in the bathroom because...i don't know. when i need to soak them or remove unshed skin i tend to do it in the bathroom because the light is best in there. my snow almost got under the toilet seat, into the bowl and my hatchling tried to cliff dive off my hand into my sink, but both of these occasions were ones when i actually took them into the bath. i don't think they would be able to find a way up and into the sink or toilet bowl...or tub drain, but you never know.

good luck finding your snakey-woo! :crazy02:

Well "he" aka Mr Peabody had is own viv because he had a tendacy to be a tad bit grumpy. We hadn't yet figured where we wanted him. So I had sat him on the bar next to the counter. That has the sink/Stove about5 feet from him (the sink) and 1 foot from him (the stove). Like I said we were just in the process of moving So there wasn't any hides anywhere for the most part. I've looked everywhere. :eek1:

If you have holes in the walls or skirting for the plumbing to fit through, then he might have squeezed his way into the wall cavity past the pipes. Sorry to be pessimistic, but I lost one like that myself and it ended up in the flat downstairs (not a happy ending, but that's a different story).

On the other hand, a friend of mine did once lose a snake INSIDE the water system, many years ago - think it was a King though. His mother "found" it one day whilst sitting in the bath, when it stuck its head out of the overflow and stared at her! They next saw it hanging out of an overflow pipe outside the house a few weeks later, but it disappeared back inside the pipe before they could get to it. They never saw it again.

haha thats hilarious...I could just see my mom sitting in the bath and all of a sudden a snake just peeks out at her...and they just sit there, eyes locked

Back