• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Escaped! Mood change??

danigurrl

Kahn's Mommy
My little Scottie escaped last night. I wasn't home last night and just got home about a half hour ago (ahh...I love being a college student....) Luckily I found him under my bed under some flat storage units within 20 minutes.

He hissed and lounged at me when I went to pick him up! I could only grab his tail because he tried to escape again and he was biting at my hand as I was lifting him up. I put him on my bed and he continually hissed at me and puffed himself up into the "attack" position.

I put him inside his feed container because I had torn up his viv looking for him.

Is he just nerved up from being on my floor all night? Should I leave him in his feed container for a little while? Or should I immidiately put him back into his viv? I feel so bad for the little love. He's tramatized! If he was a cuddly puppy I'd hold him and snuggle him, lol,but since hes a POed herp...I better let him self-sooth.

The taste of freedom makes for some nasty reactions sometimes, I dont think youd have to much of a problem with puttin ghim back into the viv. I dont think it would be a bad idea maybe to put a towel over it for a little while just to ease the stress of the great escaoe! :)

I don't have any personal experience with this, but I've read a number of accounts that indicated that the loss of their newfound freedom can really piss a snake off. I've also read that once they've found an escape route, they will very quickly use the same route again. So do everything you can to secure his enclosure. He'll be fine. I'd probably leave him alone to sulk for a few days. Glad you found him so quickly! :)

i'd put him back in his viv and sit quietly and watch him when he's most active. You'll probably find out where he's been escaping from.

It was my fault he escaped, I didn't lock the cage clips down because I was in a rush and I didn't think he could lift the cover. They are securely locked now. He isn't hissing and snapping at me anymore...he just avoids me. :rolleyes: I'll start handling him again next week.

Back