• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Escaping snake

Blubb

So, I woke up this morning and got ready for school. I didn't really check my snakes this morning (as I usually does) if they are still there or if something has happened. When I finally came home I got me something to eat, and then walked upstairs to my room (as where my snakes are). I felt like I have forgotten something, and glanced at my terrarium. I saw that the sliding glass door was open, just a little bit. As I couldn't finding my corn snake laying on his regular hiding place, I started to panic a little. I literally emptied the whole terrarium, but no corn snake could be found.

I then noticed my window was widely open. I prayed to the Lord that he wasn't laying on the ground, dead ! I couldn't find any traces of him anywhere outside, so I started to calm down a bit. And then the big search was on. I looked everywhere he possibly could be, but no no, the snake could not be found. So, after 9 hours, I got really tired of looking and decided to read a book. And guess what? On the top of my book shelf, there was he, hidden on the book I was about to read ! I mean, it is like 2 meters up. And the snake is just a hatchling ! I am so relieved I found him ! I can now sleep without any worries. Oh what a day haha :rolleyes:

Sounds like divine intervention ;)
I'm glad you found him. I know what a sick feeling it is to find an empty cage.

Yes, thanks guys ! This was the first time and hopefully the last time also one of my snakes managed to escape. I actually bought a new lock today haha :)

Hahah what a great story! My only escapee ended up inside the pair of socks I was going to put on that morning.

LOL nice story. Glad you found your baby. My only escapee was lost for 3 days and I found her under my rabbit's cage (also in my room). It's a wonder she doesn't have brain damage from my rabbit stomping her feet all night long (guess she knew the snake was near).

LOL nice story. Glad you found your baby. My only escapee was lost for 3 days and I found her under my rabbit's cage (also in my room). It's a wonder she doesn't have brain damage from my rabbit stomping her feet all night long (guess she knew the snake was near).

Oh gosh, luckily neither your rabbit or snake got injured somehow.

Back