• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Excessive biting

K.J. 4.4.

My new corn keeps biting everytime i stick my hand in the tank. I know they bite at first but settle down in a few weeks or months. It's been 3 months and my hand is all chewed out that it cant take it any more, please give me some suggestions.

Are you feeding in the viv? How often do you handle your snake? Feeding in the viv can sometimes lead to your snake associating your hand with food, triggering a feeding strike. If you don't handle your snake much, it could also be still nervous. Does your snake settle down after you've handled it for a while, or does it keep trying to bite?

Back