• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Exo-terra "Snake Cave"...anyone heard of this?

Hi. Yeah this is a new product. Iv been looking all over the inet and pet shops around my town but none have any in stock or know of it. I contacted exoterra through the website but their help was fairly poor, telling me to just use their dealer locator feature on the website to find out where it is sold. My only suggestion is to wait and keep checking the web, thats what ill be doin.

snake cave

Hi there,
I have 4 snake caves. They all love them. I got the medium ones for now, good deals at $15.00 each on sale here in Ontario. It seems like they hardly ever leave the caves now :) I mist the moss down every few days and the ones in shed seem to love to wriggle around in there. My snakes are all still small, the biggest is 26". I'm going to get more caves when they go on sale again. They are easy to get into and clean and I can always "find" my snakes.
I like them.

You've got snake caves and your snakes love 'em? That's great (I'm jealous)! Ironically enough, yesterday after I wasn't able to find any info. on where I could buy one in my area, I gave up on trying to get one anytime soon. Then, about literally an hour ago, in my local petstore, who do I run into?!!!..the area Hagen (Exo-terra) rep!!!! So I ask him about the "snake caves" and he says they are so new (since Sept. /05) that most petstores don't even have 'em in yet. So I pre-paid for one right there on the spot at the petstore ($19.99 CDN) and I should have it in about 2 weeks, so I'm pumped!!

He said I'd probably be one of the first in Bristish Columbia, Canada to get one because most petstores don't even have the latest "Hagen/Exo-terra Wholesale Products List" that offers the "Snake Caves" in it. I'm so happy, Merry Christmas to me!!:santa:

I happened across one of these in my local pet store, and I was wondering if they were any good or not. Hope it's still there when I go back for crickets!

I HAD one in Treasures viv, got it from my Hagen rep as a tester. With the rainforest heat mat it works fine, BUT with the desert heat mat (both exo-terra heat mats) it gets WAY too hot, hot enough it gave me a blistered fingers when I picked it up. The desert mats are meant for terrariums though, I got it by accident... oops. It worked fine with the rainforest (vivarium) mat tho =)

I don't have one of those exact ones, but I've got an exo terra one like it that Dante' loves. He spends all of his time curled up inside it, it's so precious!

just saw them at a local shop
after seeing the price tag, i'm sticking to tupperware
$60 can go to a lot better places...

Amen!

Amen to that! I just an old butter bowl with moist moss in it for mine. This works great but doesn't look as appeasing as the "snake cave"! But it does the job. :santa:

the caves are VERY good snake hides.. you can get them big enough to house even an adult male.. (wouldnt work for a female since there girth is soo much bigger)

my 2 corns LOVE them.. they do come out tho since i have it on the cool side (over the heat pad it gets up to 98F in the hide)

I got the medium Zoo-Med 3 in 1 cave from Petco on sale for $16. the large one could easily house an adult corn....i think it went for around $40. cheaper than the Exo-terra one.
Blaze_cave.jpg

i made my own. sort of. even before i saw this post. i have two exoterra water dishes that i don't use. i put one on top of the other, secured it in the corner with the current water dish (a bigger black bowl) and it does the exact same thing. so, you could make your own with a normal bowl from wallmart, and a piece of bark from the forest (see my post about cleaning hides from outside). cheap, easy. not that our pets aren't worth it, but why spend it on stuff you can very easily make.

marc

Back