• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Exo Terra snake cave

shotty

Yay! After weeks of hunting I finally found the exo terra snake cave in a local petshop in Reading! Cost £14.99 and came with a bag of moss, my corn loves it. Within about 2minutes of me putting it in his viv he came out to investigate and went straight for the hole on the top...he hasn't come out since! I recommend this if you have the money, its easy to clean, easy to access the snake for handling and the moist moss really helps with shedding. Merry Christmas everyone! :santa:

Attachments

• CIMG0412.JPG
    CIMG0412.JPG
    125 KB · Views: 164
I love it! Your set up looks terrific too! Can't wait till they finally show up here in Vancouver bc!

Rebecca

Cheers, yeah iv spent a lot of time getting my set up just right, nearly everything is by exo-terra, the people who made the snake cave...brilliant company and excellent products! thought id include a pic of my entire viv, what you think? Merry xmas again to u all!

Attachments

• CIMG0418.JPG
    CIMG0418.JPG
    119.2 KB · Views: 156
I am so jealous!! I have been searching for these in the uk and i cannot find them!! It looks really cool!

Just one question, if it is on the cool side of the viv will it stay at a good temperature, by that i mean not overheating? Or is just used to aid with shedding?

I really want one!!

well here in canada.. they come in 3 sizes... 1 for hatchlings/yearlings/adults..

one is 7.99 next 10.99 and next 14.99.. good deals :) im buying 4 boxing day.. 2 for each of my corns :p warm/cold side.. to bad they dont make them big enuff for boas.. even my small yearling wouldnt fit in the biggest :p

Hi, yeah iv had a lot of trouble finding them in the UK too. I went to aquasplash in Reading, Berkshire...they had loads of stock in all 3 sizes, the only place Ive seen em though. I got the largest size so i dont need to upgrade as he gets bigger. I keep it on the cool side and my corn seems to love it, im worried it would become a little "oven" over the UTH and overheat. Its great to aid with shedding but, according to my corn, is also the best hide yet! Good luck with the search!

Thanks for that, i might be able to get to reading at some point if need be but i'm going to have another good search, if Jynx quits being so grumpy then he might get one as a late xmas pressie!! :rolleyes:

That is a really nice setup. Is the water dish also Exo Terra? I'm going to look around for that type of cave. And the plants, are they plastic or silk?

My boyfriend got me one of these for christmas... I was surprised because he likes to pretend I don't have snakes. I didn't expect it and was excited because my mother got me gift certificates to my favorite pet store and I was going to use them for a snake cave, I think I still will buy another one for my other snake though. My boyfriend even asked the reptile guy what would be the best gift for me....lol, he is clueless when it comes to gifts so I am happy he got it right (and so are my snakes)

i plan to get a snake cave when motley out grows the hide he has now...already saw it at superpet ...little pricey here , 24 bucks for the large
still gonna get it :cheers:

I found a good price for it here in the 'States. It's $9.79 U.S. for the xtra large Exo Terra Cave (11 x 10.5 x 5"), at PetSolutions online. Just thought it was too good of a deal to keep to myself.

marky-b said:
That is a really nice setup. Is the water dish also Exo Terra? I'm going to look around for that type of cave. And the plants, are they plastic or silk?

Hi, yeah the dish is exo-terra, only cost about £6 from www.livefoodshop.co.uk. The plants are plastic, not quite as nice as silk but still do the job...easy to clean aswell.

Hey, nice online store! I think I'll get some plastic plants..you're right about easy cleaning. My silk plants tend to soak up you know what:puke02:

Back