• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Experienced corn owners look and answer please!

Christoffer90

I just wonder how long a 43 gallon glass tank will hold before my cornsnake outgrows it?
Another question is (Maybe wrong forum, but someone may know) if I can keep a spotted python (he is about 100 cm) in a 43 gallon tank? And for how long?

Appreciate serious answers!
- Chris. :crazy01:

By US standards, a 43 gallon tank would be a generous size for an adult corn. You could keep a corn in that size tank for its entire lifetime. Even the biggest of corns would have adequate room.

Q: How big does my cage need to be?
A: Most adult cornsnakes can be housed in 20 gallon long aquariums. All-Glass makes 'Critter Cages' that have a sliding lid with back latches that work great. If you choose to go the sterilite route, adults can be housed in 28qt sweater boxes and hatchlings through sub-adults in boxes ranging from 6qts to 12qts.

For hatchling corn snakes a small enclosure with adequate ventilation will be suitable. Until they reach 24" in length a cage 12" by 8" will suffice. Remember, these neonate snakes can escape any cage with gaps or holes the size of their snout. When they are adults the cage length should be approximately 1/2 the length of the snake. A 15 or 20 gallon aquarium with a locking lid is adequate space for an adult corn.

Both of these came from here:
http://www.cornsnakes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28341

the tank would do fine for her life time (unless it turns out to be a monster)

2nd question yes i belive she can live there for a while depending in her feeding schudle, how long.... dunno

Back