• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

expo's are cheap

hediki

i luv them all.
hey i rushed to a expo 15 mins was left and got me a copy of the new corn snake manual. so i was walking around and saw a adult blue beauty rat for 75 buks. baby butters 25 ghost 28. i thought a 20 L was gona be like 40 but it was 28 w/o lid.

Not to mention with only 15 min left people are trying to unload stuff so they won't have to pack it back home...I have been a vendor selling at some local flea markets lately, not snakes but other stuff, & the markdowns at the end of the day can be great (if you are buying and not selling that is) I usually pack up the good stuff first before I am tempted to sell it for less than I would have earlier to a last minute bargain hunter!

Something I've learnt as both a visitor/buyer and as a vendor is that there are tons of people ready to bust down the doors to run around and buy what they want before the crowds come. I've both bought like that and sold like that. These days, I like to browse the local reptile association websites and see who is selling what at the expos and if there's something very special at a good price then I'll reserve it, otherwise I like to look, compare and barter a little before buying. Sometimes if a particular morph is over represented that day, you can find that at the end of the day there will be a lot left at cut prices...I bet those butters didn't start so cheap!

It's heart breaking selling hatchings at ½ what you wanted for them in the first place but I have a friend who was slashing his prices to 15% of the original just because he didn't want to take anything home at the end of the day. I cut my prices but I don't sell too cheap. I think knocking 20% off with 2 hours to go is fine and buy one, get one free is OK towards the end of an expo.

Back