• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

F/T switch phase 1 complete with success!

quixoft

My two new corns were both on live pinkies and I continued that by feeding each of them 2 small(very small) pinkies each for two feedings. I tried F/T for their second feeding but they both refused. I ended up giving them live again and they ate fine.

I want to convert them to F/T but since they refused during that second weekly feeding, I figured I would try to trick them into it. So today for their 3rd feeding, I gave each of them a live pinkie first which they both tagged instantly. I then thawed one frozen for each snake for the second pinkie in the weekly feeding.

For snake one, I was placing the F/T pinkie in the opposite end of the shoebox by the tail and she literally hauled ass across the shoebox and struck it out of my hand before I could set it down!

The second snake, hesitated and waited for me to set it down and then she took that one as well.

So they both ate a F/T with zero issues after first being fed a live pinkie.

Next week I'll be trying F/T only again.

Hopefully they'll go for it. If not, I'll continue with the live then F/T to see if they finally take F/T exclusively.

Back