• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

f/t where to order?!?!?

MastersHaven

*Hopelessly Addicted*
I have been ordering from a company but I can never seem to order everything I need at once... most of the time something is out of stock...

I would like to know where everyone orders from and how the numbers & quality stand up.

(Is everything usually in stock when you order? and what has your experiences with product quality been?)

I don't want this to turn into a bashing thread so please lets keep this on the good side, I'm just looking for a reliable source to get frozen feeders...

THANK in advanced,

I often order from The Mouse Factory and am very satisfied with their quality. They have always sent me nice fat rodents. They come intact, separately frozen (so they don't stick together in a giant clump in the bag), non-freezer burned, and there has never been shavings or doodles in the packaging with them.

Another thing I like is they vacuum seal them in quantities of 50 per bag, so you can order a ton, and not have to worry about them getting freezer burned once the bag is open.

The Mouse Factory

I was thrilled with my order from the mouse factory and I doubt I will order from anywhere else again! Very polite/helpful on the phone, very fast shipment, arrived frozen solid and the snakes are very happy! :cheers:

I've had good experiences with both Mice On Ice (though a little pricey last I checked) and Cajun Mice. If I had to order online I'd use either of them again.

We get our rodents from American Rodent locally, and they are good mice and packaged well. :) Haven't gotten anything shipped through them, though.

Ricodude12 said:
Interesting.... :rolleyes: why weren't you impressed??? I wasnt impressed becuase of the difference in size of the "same" size mice. And half the mice were either a block or all curled up. - John

I wasn't impressed for those very same reasons. Plus, the mice I got had bedding, urine and feces in the bags with them. One of the two bags of mice I ordered was torn in two places, and it took two weeks to get my order after I placed it. The other places I've ordered from (mentioned in my previous post) had clean, vacuum packed mice in smaller quantity bags, more consistent sized, and I received my order in two days. Big Cheese was just a bit cheaper than Mouse Factory, but I'd recommend either of them.

I'm not trying to bash, just sharing my experiences.

I just ordered from American Rodent yesterday, and I'm waiting for a "representative" to contact me in regards to how they want to ship it out :shrugs: Too bad you can't just check which method you want. I've used RodentPro, they are real quick to get your order out but they pack in ziplock freezer bags, which kinda sucks, and Cajun Mice a few years ago, with good results. Wanted to try someone new; good thing i'm not too pressed for feeders. I hate waiting lol...

other than canadianfeeders.com does anyone know of a canadian supplier of frozen?

and are their prices normal cause compared to what you are paying in the US - they seem really high

Wow, they are expensive. Do they have a monopoly up there or something? I've heard a few other Canadians complaining about expensive feeder costs before.

$50USD/$60CDN for 50 adult mice? Compared to $25USD/$30CDN for adults from a US supplier (Rodent Pro, as an example).

For that, you could buy your own starter colony with supplies and raise your own mice. That's nuts!

I heard you have a few extra tanks running around there. ;)

actually i do have a tank with mice in it right now... but they are pets. i don't really want to grow my own food, if possible.

at the petstore a pinkie is around a $1 and i wish i could order from the US... hopefully there'll be another supplier for less $$ up here in canada.

getting a lil P.O.'ed here

Well I'm still waiting for a "representative" from American Rodent to contact me to set up shipping. Placed an order on the 11th. This sucks, as far as I'm concerned. On their terms page they have "10-30 day net." Does this mean they take up to 10-30 days just to get in contact with you? Sorry but if thats the case that is just not acceptable. Anyone else order online from them? Guess I'll have to call them on Monday :(

Usually when you need feeders, it was yesterday. I don't like places that don't get back to me within 2 days at least. I mean, all they have to do is send an e-mail.

Sounds to me like you're gonna be leaving them a message to cancel your order soon..

Sounds to me like you read my mind, Misty. I wanted to try a different company; that's why I chose them. Not the biggest order (40 each rat pinks and fuzzies, and large mice pinkies), but the idea that a representative needs to contact me to discuss shipping? I guess thats a nice touch, trying to save the customer money by picking the "cheapest alternative" but I think I can pick my own shipping and worry about the cost myself. And your right, I wanted those feeders this week :(

k i found another canadian company which ships live and frozen mice and rats

http://www.coasttocoastmice.ca/pricelist.html

better prices than canadianfeeders as well. at cf it's .70 per pinkie when you order 100 - at this link... it's .50 per pinkie when you order 100 and cheaper if you order more.

and if you are outside of bc... here's a link to many links within canada for breeders of snakes and feeder suppliers.

http://www.a1pythons.com/linksnew.htm

well, not P.O.'ed anymore lol

Well, I just got a call from American Rodents, apparently he had been out of town from last week til now. He apologized for the delay and is sending my order out tomorrow. Hooray! LOL. Very nice guy, and I'll report back when they arrive :*)

For my frozen rodents I used to go with Rodent Pro, but I did not like all of the lag time and the inconsistency if the rodents. I now go with The Mouse Factory I place my order on a Monday and have it delivered Wednesday afternoon. Very consistent sizes and no freezer burn. Very good in my book

Back