• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

fan???

Seawin

hi ...i was wondering if a celeing fan would cause any problems with anything for my lil Corn ...the temps are exactly what they should be night and day i have my lil one in a 10 gallon until he grown so i can switch him to a 20 when i get some moneys

While I'm definately not an expert, I think passive ventilation would be better.
I.e. sufficient amount of airflow should come from the holes in the viv.

You don't want it to get too drafty.
A fan might also affect humidity levels...

Let's see what the experts say.

I am not an expert, but I will tell you what works for me. I keep my snakes all at room temp, around 82-84 during the day and 72-75 at night. I use no heat pads, heat tape, etc...I have a baseboard heater that I keep on 24-7 that heats the whole room. Only during the day, I use an osculating fan (on low speed) that sits on a table close to the heat source that circulates the air around the room. That way the top and bottom of the rack stay at the same temp. I turn the fan off at night, since it is starting to cool off. My snakes have no problems, they eat, digest, and shed nicely.

This is only my 2 cents. I used to use all the heat tape and whatnot, but found that this way is what I like best.

Should be fine. As long as your temps are ok, I wouldn't worry about it. It might make the quality of air a little better too since its constantly being circulated.

Back