• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Fav exotic pet?

what is your favourite type of exotic pet?

• Lizards

Votes: 7 10.8%
  • Snakes

Votes: 53 81.5%
  • Spiders

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Fish

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Birds

Votes: 1 1.5%

• Total voters
Well it would be snakes but I just don't find them "exotic" enough anymore! LOL

My two tarantulas certainly fit the bill still, so I voted spiders.

bmm

Corn Snakes will always be #1! but I also like Rhino Rat snakes and Horned Vipers. Although I would never want to own a horned viper ;)

I voted snakes, because there was no option for scorpions! But snakes are a definite close second. :)

Cheers,

Margaret

I always thought that snakes would be my fav. however I have just recently aquired seven leos (which make 11 total now) and they are always out and about doing something or other, they even look like they communicate with each other asking their friends wazz up and how the peat moss pit is... so I am favoring lizards right now only because my leo plantation is doing so darned well and because my corns are so darned shy

Leo = leopard gecko and i have to agree with missmonkey they are incredible little guys. We were given a resuce one and it turned out to be female so we bought a male and even though we only have two both are real characters. i get the feeling if i wasnt hooked on corns then i would be knee deep in leo s:D :D

Ah ha! Thanks, Limey. I just googled, and I see what the fuss is about. :) They're from Afghanistan, I see!

Geckos are such fine creatures. The most spectacular I've seen were in Indonesia. They honked so loudly that the first time I heard one, I honestly thought that it was a ship's horn sounding out in the bay! But it was actually just a little lizard on my balcony....!

Cheers,

Margaret

Well Let me see..............:confused: ..... I am so :confused: .....................

SNAKES !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

They are the most amazing reptiles for me....I Love then.......

I like Geckos the best:D

The Reason why I got a snake because they are easy to hold, not like geckos they run around and jump all over you. And snakes are my second favourite. :D :D

The best thing about leopard geckos (as compaired to day geckos or fat tails) is that they are so slow, they can't run to fast. I ws helping a friend move his day geckos and one got loose, after an hour of chasing it around and under furnature we caught it, and the little bugger bit me (and actually drew blood!) and wouldn't let go. I had to pour cold water on him!

at lease snakes strick and then back off :)

I like this question!

My fave exotics are lizards specifically any species of basilisks. I've kept them and I find them absolutely spectacular!

Hmmmm.....

Out of the selection for the poll, I'd have to go with snakes for sure...I love my corns, and my Brazilian Rainbow Boa is my baby ;) . But for exotic pets in general, I'd have to disagree. I've got a couple of mammals that are a little more exotic than snakes. :D

It's a tie between lizards and snakes....Snakes are beautiful, and I love to watch them...but lizards....their eyes catch me....o_o

Well I voted snakes just because there was no option for any mammals. There are a number of exotic mammals I have owned over the years from White Faced Capuchins to Bob Cats to African Pigmy Mice and Door Mice that I would put ahead of snakes. Some simply do to them being much more "Exotic" then snakes and some for the interaction and challenges with them.

Jeff C.

Back