• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

fedding for the first time

rickyrivers

Hey everyone! I picked up my corn on Sunday and I haven't gone near her since. But today I must feed her, I will feed on a different container. My question is: How do I defrost the hopper? Really Hot water? How do I know when the hopper is ready, all warm inside? After she eats, should I remove her water dish from her cage?
Thanks everyone!
Ricky.

ok you should let it sit in the fridge prior to feeding like a day. but i dont do that umm use moderately hot water water that your hand can barly stand..... too hot will cook the fuzzie/hopper..... ummm just queeze it a little make sure it doesnt fell solid were it shouldnt feel solid. and be patient so let it sit for about 30-40 mins.... let me know how it goes. i do it so much i dont realy put much thought into it...lol.

My answer is thaw the frozen mouse in 101-103F water until the mouse is soft and pliable and feels hot to the touch, if you hold it in your hand- there should be no cold or stiff spots. I dry it a bit with paper towels, and then cut four slits in the back. I fill the bowl I'm thawing it in with very hot water, then leave it under the running faucet, with the water barely trickling, (so it stays hot) for 5-10 minutes.

While she's eating, take her water bowl out and wash with hot soapy water, rinse well, fill with cool fresh water, check her viv for poo, replace the water bowl. The snake's water should never be taken away.

never mind about the feeding. I looked at my corn today and she has her eyes cloudy and her skin looks very dull. I'm assuming she's going to shed pretty soon so I won't feed her.
But thanks guys!! I will save this information for later.

Hey everyone! I picked up my corn on Sunday and I haven't gone near her since. But today I must feed her, I will feed on a different container. My question is: How do I defrost the hopper? Really Hot water? How do I know when the hopper is ready, all warm inside? After she eats, should I remove her water dish from her cage?
Thanks everyone!
Ricky.

I normally take a cupfull of water, and throw it in the microwave for a minute (or until hot) and then toss the mouse in. It will defrost in less then 10 seconds. To make sure that it isn't too hot, press your knuckle down into the mouse, until it goes down enough for you to judge how hot it is. My rule is that if it's too hot for you to eat it (eew..:eek1:) then you should let it cool before giving it to you corn. I've never heard of removing the water dish after feeding, and I suggest not doing it. My corn drinks most often after it eats, and I have heard that other people have had the same experience.

never mind about the feeding. I looked at my corn today and she has her eyes cloudy and her skin looks very dull. I'm assuming she's going to shed pretty soon so I won't feed her.
But thanks guys!! I will save this information for later.

Many of my snakes will eat while in blue so I always offer on the scheduled day, no matter what. I would rather throw a mouse away than to have a snake be hungry for an extra week.

Back