• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Feed or wait?

lcapx0

My little girl refused her meal 6 days ago. Thought she would go blue but only change i see is her scales are a bit rougher. Her eyes havent gone blue yet but she is really skinny. Not sure what to do, any ideas?

Corns so far: .2 Amara (butter) and Luna (phantom)

How long have you had your girl?

If it was me, I'd try feeding again tomorrow or the next day. Make sure to double and triple check her temperatures, and that she has enough hides and feels secure in her vive.
It is possible that you missed seeing her in blue as well - happens with my corn all the time because she hides so much as it is! ;)

I have had her about a month maybe more than that. She has eaten for me before and i only noticed my other corn doesnt feed when she gets close to shedding.

Also i have checked her at night when she comes out and her eyes havent gone blue yet.

ae754d6ab8ff413b6dbd28543369eba8.jpg
. Here is her viv, just checked the temp and her warm side is at 86.4 so that seems normal.

If she's quite young I'd say she could be close to shed. Try every 7 days :)
By the way, I actually found a shed in my adult corn's tank this morning. Remember how I mentioned I miss her blue stage? Yea. ;)

Can anyone give me advice on taming a corn snake hatchling? I've only just got it after ten feeds and it's really jumpy and makes a rattling noise and shakes it's tale like a rattle snake lol it also tries to bite a lot lol

Has she eaten yet?

I tried feeding her yesterday, almost 2 weeks now with her not eating :/ i even tried wiggling the pinkie around and she showed no interest..i did notice she isnt coming out at night anymore so hopefully she will go blue and she soon so i can feed her

I've had this problem with my new corns, even after a month. I offer them food and if they don't take it I will leave it in their hide. If they don't eat it overnight I put them in a small breathable container with a tight lid for a few hours and usually they'll eat. If that doesn't work you can split the head of its food and leave it in the habitat in the hide. These all have worked well for me. If these don't work I would contact a vet who specializes in reptiles. Also if their skin starts to wrinkle I increase the humidity in their habitat. If they haven't shed for a couple of days after that I will put them in a tight container with a damp paper towel to help shed for about 30 mins to an hour. They usually shed after that. Then I feed them the day after. Good luck!

Thank you! I have had this little one over a month and she has shed for me before but i will try these tricks and see if she eats.

I've had this problem with my new corns, even after a month. I offer them food and if they don't take it I will leave it in their hide. If they don't eat it overnight I put them in a small breathable container with a tight lid for a few hours and usually they'll eat. If that doesn't work you can split the head of its food and leave it in the habitat in the hide. These all have worked well for me. If these don't work I would contact a vet who specializes in reptiles. Also if their skin starts to wrinkle I increase the humidity in their habitat. If they haven't shed for a couple of days after that I will put them in a tight container with a damp paper towel to help shed for about 30 mins to an hour. They usually shed after that. Then I feed them the day after. Good luck!

Thanks i will try those.

Back